Fender CFA7001 PA Amp - Looking for equiv. RCA output transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
* I can't find any .2r 10W resistors in the chassis or on the circuit board. There is one 10W resistor, a 100r, and it is not on the schematic. I believe it has been placed where the bottom .4r is supposed to go, as it is tied to the emitter and the NEG terminal of the leftmost Filter Capacitor, as seen in the schematic.

With what PRR said about designing the appropriate value emitter resistors for the output modules, I can't imagine that the 100r 5W (I checked, its a 5W not a 10W) is a factory modification.

Two questions: 1) Can this single 100r properly bias the two 2N3772's? I'm asking so that I better understand the current paths in the output circuit.

2) Should I order the correct .2r 10W resistors? This is a question of circuit tolerance and not about devious practices, I have (2) 2r 20W resistors on hand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.