female musicians-

Cowboy99; Joss Stone had a love for R&B especially Aretha Franklin from a young age - I don't think she's being managed or told what to do by producers. She chose to have a few years of vocal training. I find that on much of her music she sounds too much like Aretha, but there is no doubt she has tremendous talent. There are few vocalists who can sing on pitch live. Many of her cuts do have too much of a pop R&B sound I would agree.

I like this one in particular, wish that there was a high quality version of it. Is it on DVD by any chance?
Someone ... please put some shoes on her, lol!
YouTube - letterman joss stone tell me bout it 20070319 live

Pete B.

Last edited:
Cowboy99; Joss Stone had a love for R&B especially Aretha Franklin from a young age - I don't think she's being managed or told what to do by producers. She chose to have a few years of vocal training. I find that on much of her music she sounds too much like Aretha, but there is no doubt she has tremendous talent. There are few vocalists who can sing on pitch live. Many of her cuts do have too much of a pop R&B sound I would agree.

I like this one in particular, wish that there was a high quality version of it. Is it on DVD by any chance?
Someone ... please put some shoes on her, lol!
YouTube - letterman joss stone tell me bout it 20070319 live

Love this one, a nice surprise as I bought the CD & DVD for the Rollin' & Tumblin' track with Imogen Heap*

People Get Ready

*a very accomplished musician as well as a singer!

Pete B.

duffy.jpg

'll leave my shadow, to fall behind,
And I woulden't Write to you, Coz I'm not that kind.
such a cheerful song -

YouTube - Rockferry - Duffy ?

Duffy - Official Website

Last edited: