Female avatars.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess you don't get chastised if the avatar pic isn't really you, or something that's obviously not a real person.

After screwing around in the user control panel I discovered that "Profile Picture" and "Avatar" are not the same thing. And the specified size restriction for the avatar file (19.5 kB) doesn't seem to be currently accurate. What is the actual limitation?

Dale

I usually go for one that fits in with my most likely contributions to the forum I am on. It can be rude on rude forums and vegetable on a gardening forum or whatever.
I have an example that I use on a countryside related forum that is tame enough for us.

Attachments

• catfaceweb.jpeg
    catfaceweb.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 212
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Its nice to see some female Avatars.
I'm more of a chain smoker - pure! tobaco, handrolled - so i decided to use the little guy to the left. It might be misleading for some people but i think it is cute. I don't like to see my own face near every stupidity that I've seen posted and to some extend I like to be a bit anonymous.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Perhaps the phenomena,

Is linked to the fact that many planes had female names or pics on them (Memphis Bell) , and ships are referred to as "she".

Is a sports car male or female?

The PM is not "me" its a vehicle for words.

NB its usually something nice to look at "art".

It would be interesting if female members had male avatars! and their sports car is BOB.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
I almost invariably use a female avatar, Mylene Farmer here and on a couple of other boards, Gay-Yee Westerhoff, Eleftheria Arvanitaki, Karen Gillan, Grace Park and many more.
Also:

Grace Park mmmm lovely for my taste ,Karen Gillan close but far OMG ??Elftheria Arvanitaki ? what did you have in mind ? would you like to see some everyday pictures ? :D:D:D I mean there is many that think she is a grate artist but really ...too far from pretty

With a dose of humor or two
Kind regards
Sakis

:eek:I agree that it would be a stretch to describe Eleftheria as pretty but she looks quite striking and charismatic. Women don't have to conform to the 'pretty' look to be interesting and even exciting.

I've seen many 'everyday' pictures of her and I'm not put off at all. Love her singing too.

Here is pretty and devastatingly cute, one of the finest voices I have heard and a fantastic personality to boot. Unfortunately falls dangerously close to being a paedophile prey.

NPRK9t8.jpg

Image proportions changed on upload :(
Then changed back again :)

Keeps changing from normal to widescreen - no explanation.

Last edited:
Out of context quotes...FAB!

I am going to make one of these my avatar....Don't know which yet, or maybe alternate and even change it every few months...?
Also I saw this quote on a recent thread.....: !!

" I've been fiddling around with a naked 4-way for about a year now and find it quite nice."

Couldn't resist it, is there an " out of context bloomers" section on the site??!!!
Hope no one is offended, its just " You've been framed" type fun!!

Attachments

• Portrait tired_by_SusanCoffey.jpg
    Portrait tired_by_SusanCoffey.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Why dudes surf....jpg
    Why dudes surf....jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 50
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.