FE127E terminations?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Im going to pick up some boxes for a sealed bi-pole floorstander using 2x FE127E's per box. I have just had a quick look at the drivers which arrived yesterday and noticed they use a slim, spade-like, connection to the voice coil.

I dont have any lugs here that would fit them, what do you guys recommend? im not sure if soldering directly the wires to the drivers is a good idea incase they get heat damaged?

I was thinking the lugs would be good as the drivers can be easily removed if needed.

Thanks for your time!
Scribble

You're in WA so there could be an Altronics handy. Have a look at the spade connector H1981A as is 2.8mm. Make sure you use a good crimping tool for connection onto the cable.

I don't have my FE127E any more so I can't check the exact size but you can open or close the spade connector to suit. I've used 100's of these on scores of speakers and never had an issue with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.