FE127 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well Dave unfortunately I haven't started on my tube project yet, school needs to settle in before I can start on that.

youyoung21147,
I haven't picked any drivers yet, so I dont really know anything about it except what I'm looking for in drivers. Its going to have good frequency responce from about 30hz all the way up. I wanted to use the fx200 hor this, but now I have looked for other full range with low fs and they are hard to find. I'm kinda looking at the Decaware modified FE207s and I'm thinking about a 2.5 way with a front firing woofer and a rear firing woofer along with a tweeter.

At the time of building the B3S I did not understand baffle step, so there is not much bass, at all. I have not heard the speakers in a couple months. I gave them to my girlfriend as a graduation present.

I prefer the sound of the FE127s over the wr125s, but I have yet to redo the xo and add the BSC to that. I also like the effeciency of the fe127s.

I have a long weekend this weekend because of the hurricane, so I'm gonna work a little bit on these, but mostly on the Pioneers.

Josh

Greets!

Decatur area, eh? One of my old 'stomping grounds'. ;)

Cool! I started out much the same way, except began speaker building/mechanicing a bit younger (8/12). My first car was somewhat less 'upscale' though, a well used/abused '55 Austin-Healey 100-4 roadster with only a tonneau cover for weather protection. :( Being young/'invincible' and very performance oriented, I opted for converting it to 'LeMans' specs (among other 'tweaks') over a new top/side curtains with the limited funds available.

Yeah, I wish I had the 'net and all it's collective knowledge available to me from the get-go, it would have saved me a boatload of time/$$ learning everything the hard way. I could have learned some of it reading textbooks, AES papers, etc., if I weren't so math challenged, but you play the cards you're dealt, as they say.

Interesting program! Sounds neat, though formulas beyond the simple fundamental/harmonic structure have no place in a 'TL for dummies' essay IMO. Anyway, TLs don't have a port per se, just a terminus, so the formula isn't relevant.

I got interested in TL/horn theory early on, not so much for audio use at the time since I blindly believed I couldn't improve on the dominant designs of the day, but for understanding/tweaking/designing hi-perf intake - exhaust systems. Anyway, horns are where it's at IMO and I've got a pair of CSS FR125s and Adire Extremis 6.8s I need to do horn designs for, so the former should work for the WR if you want a bit more bottom end than Tom's latest z-horn and have the extra floorspace available.

BTW, any chance I can audition the FE127Es? I do all these various Fostex, etc., designs for folks, but so far haven't heard any of them other than the FE167E. I mean I know pretty much what to expect from the cab's alignment, but don't get to hear how most of today's popular FR drivers perform overall.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.