Favorite Coupling caps in Preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
that's great idea though, those blocks less stress on soldering pads, less weakening of them, risking lifting a pad/track etc. heat wouldn't be too much of an issue, the ones I looked at were rated 250-300v, I would be more comfortable with some rated up to 400v, but exactly how tough are they? for someone that loves tinker and swapp stuff out left and right, I think its an invaluable thing to have on a pcb, but I don't want them if they are gonna arc or melt etc lol. physical size has its limiting issues also.

I have 25w and 30w but takes too long to heat up and they don't stay hot enough to me and if you use a thicker gauge solder they don't like them at all, 40watt will just burn anything and heats up quick as **** xD
I have a 12 volt 150watt super scope iron has a little slide on the side to turn it on heats up in about 10 seconds flat, cools off fairly quick too. has a little carbon rod inside as an element. its cool but gota hav a full charged car battery on hand to run it

Whats up some info on these electrolytics in the amp though, in power supply/bias its Marcon....now I have heard that is Toshiba??? but Chemi-con bought e out in mid 90s????
yet some of them had 2002 codes on them as well as some with a code like 9215....are these date codes???the 9215 sounds about right 1992 etc but those 2002 code sure as hell doesn't sound right at all lol, I'm assuming they were decent quality though they didn't blow up in 20 years lol.....I'm sure they have drifted to utter hell though rofl.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.