favorite beer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Elephanta

or Elefanta ?

Indian beer is pretty good.

while in India I only drink beer, and I brush my teeth with gin -- no kidding!

Attachments

• amber.jpg
    amber.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 256
Stiegl Goldbräu for most of the food and the early evening drinking
Guiness or Guinness Ice Cold for the late night drinking

And as usual and hommage to the late Gammelbrygd which probably was one of the best brews in the world. Brewed in November each year, aged and then sold from April the following year. A lovely vintage brew and the only beer that could be aged more than 6 years and still be perfect. During the glorious era of 1986 to 1996 I consumed a large portion of the annual production it seems. I still think about this long lost friend of mine.

Finally a thread worth replying to!!!

Lagers:
Creemore Springs, but I think it may only be available in Canada (Ontario at this point), but Warsteiner will do in a pinch.

Light Ales:
Leffe, Molson Export, Sleaman's Cream Ale

Darker Ales
Upper Canada Dark, Smithwicks, St. Andrews (If I can ever find it again... :-( )

And when need a meal, Beemish.

Alvaius

Belgien beer is good.

Everyone should try Chimay Bleu, or Abbaye St-Remy Trappistes Rochefort 10.

My favorites though are 2 danish beers, from two very small breweries:
Refsvindinge AZ Ale No. 16, and
Hancock Old Gambrinus Beer Dark
If You should get the chance, try them.

Danish beers rules ;)

Hi!

My all-time favourite is (of course) from my hometown Dortmund (one of the oldest brewing traditions in the world)

Hövels Bitterbier
Then there's also french "1664", Greek "Mythos", Sardegna "Ichnusa", and "Trompe La Mort".

Belgien beer is good.

Everyone should try Chimay Bleu, or Abbaye St-Remy Trappistes Rochefort 10.

Yeah, I also like the Trappiste beer, monks quite know what they do when it comes to brewing beer...

I think I'll have one right away...
No, stop it, has to wait until friday...!!!...

G' night,

Arndt

mrfeedback, thank you for your kind words.

I agree with you, that our major breweries makes boring beer, or at least used to.

They've learned, and are now trying to catch up on lost ground :eek:
It's just too sad, that Carlsberg won't take it all the way. The other day I tasted their new brew from their Semper Arden series, a Choclate Stout, with english liquorice. Didn't taste much of chocolate, even though it's Valrone, and had the usual Carlsberg after-taste bitternes :scratch:

What a shame they can't make it better, now they're trying.

Brewing beer

Did someone mention homebrew...

I used to brew my own beer. With lots of care, you can brew some excellent beers. I got to the point of buying sacks of malted barley and culturing my own yeast.

However, this got to be very time-consuming and once the kids came, I returned to buying beer again.

Now i've started making mead (honey wine). It'ss less time-consuming, but requires a lot more patience.

John

Aussie Beer, Anyone?

Since we have a fair contingent from down under , how do you chaps like XXXX there? I remember it from a few years back: on one occasion we had a stray case shipped to California (friend in NZ).

I'd guess Foster's Lager is regarded much the same as Bud in the States... pity the North American offering is a Canadian version- no quite the same thing. If I want a nice Canadian lager I find plenty of Labatts and Moosehead when visiting my Mum. She is a true Canadian: a hockey and beer fan, of course.

Newcastle Brown Ale is nice, and it sports the phrase "The One And Only" on the glass too.

I must agree the monks understand a thing or two about ales- Chimay is quite nice.

Cheers,
Bob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.