Faulty Connexelectronic SMPS2000R [Resolved]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Impossible. i have my own workshop where are produced. i test myself each and everyone. the quantity produced is not big enough to gain the interest of any serious factory, and i don't deal anymore with small factories where workers can't make the difference between a peanut and a capacitor. those are real sources of troubles.
if is not working after arrived to customer, i cannot exclude that could be damaged during shipping. one board weights over 1kg. transformer only weights 300-350g. if some morn throw the package during shipping or plays football with it, the board can crack. although i use few layers of packaging, in some cases the package is opened at customs and they don't bother to repack. when arrives at customer, there is a board thrown inside a damaged cardboard box and without any Styrofoam or package material. i had at least one case when the ex-shipping company had opened the package and removed the material just because the package weight was close to 1kg, so DHL would quote the package at 1.5kg. off course they charged me as for 1.5kg although they paid as for 1kg. i showed them pictures with the package after the customer received and the invoice where was clearly stated 1.0kg. they called me nuts, cuz i have nothing better to do than to watch them, so i changed them.

I am sorry then

customs are crazy with that, also shipping companies

regards

I think specifying "universal mains" might give the wrong impression. It works at two nominal voltages - 110VAC and 220VAC. Every SMPS2000R has a 0.25" faston tab that can be soldered to through-holes in the board which are located in the center of the primary-side cap bank. By soldering this tab in place you would be enabling the voltage doubler circuit. The switching transistors want to see a constant ~300VDC. If there is a voltage drop here, the output voltage, and thus output power will begin to sag.

Pictured is the second custom 8 channel Hypex UcD400 amplifier I built that uses an SMPS2000R as the power supply. Not all channels are being used at full power for this amp's application, but the power supply is very reliable and I actually have a hard time maxing the power supply out. I have other amplifiers, including a 16x180W amp that have had running continuously for about 6 months now that use the same power supply.

Brooklyn-20110918-00068.jpg

Brooklyn-20111007-00110.jpg

Brooklyn-20111007-00117.jpg

Sorry I've been quiet on this subject. We have decided it would be best if the board was sent back to be checked. I should have sent it already, but what with Christmas & work etc. I'm being a bit slow. Hopefully this weekend will see it shipped.

I have to say, the packaging was excellent, although it had been opened by customs and the broken board has some small cosmetic damage to one of the transformers (the plastic has broken slightly). I'd be amazed if that were causing any problems but I guess you never can tell...It may indicate a cracked board?!

I double checked the 110v/220V tab (never saw those despite a hunt) and they are both unsoldered. I assume that's correct for 220v since one of the boards is fine.

Thanks to everyone for your input and to Cristi for his help. It's much appreciated.

Happy New Year everyone.

Gaz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.