fan cooling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the data of the Papst fans (www.papst.de) it seems, that when doubling the amount of transfered air the noise rises about 16 to 20 db. Because these DC fans have their own regulation electronic inside. I dont know how they react on a change in operation voltage.
I prefer a small DC fan they have type 8412NGLV, 10 dB(A), 6l per second at 900 rpms, size is 80 mm x 80 mm. The speed is set with an external thermistor or poti, so it is not necessary to operate the fan at lower voltages, hence safer oparation (unlikely that the fan does not start or even stopps because of a too low voltage).
These 6l per second seems to be far enough when you look at the first post of this thread, because at higher air volumes the reduction in thermal resistance is minimal.

Hi All!
My wife asked me to finally have an amplifier smaller than 30 centimeters tall in the living/listening room so....

...So I think that my next Aleph-X will be a fan-cooled Aleph-X :)

My worrying thought:

Are you sure that a fan can't be heard even in the circuit? I mean: I know that there are fans with a very low noise (less than 30db) but are they equally silent at electrical level?

Sorry for this (maybe) silly question, but this is my first fan-cooled amp:rolleyes:

Thank you!
Bye!

Anybody know a good vendor to buy Papst fans from? I've been searching the web and been unable to find much, aside from smaller stuff for use in a PC.

While I'm posting, I might as well throw this out there: I'm looking at the Papst 4800Z. It's a 120mm AC fan, 61.8cfm, and 28dB noise level. Anyone have any experience with this fan or a recommendation of another? I also looked at the 4840N and the 3800.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.