Fairchild interest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Tea Bag has been selling for a while. Great to deal with. We talked about a larger order, but he says he doesnt sell many in a year. Too big a layout to hold. 1000 would bring the price down to about $20 each macthed.

I've gotten the last batch sold for 25.00 each matched. Going for 1000 would be more money than I would spend on a car, and holding onto them for that long without a pipeline of people to sell them is too risky for me. And for a ten dollar or so difference between them is no big deal on my book, compared to decent tubes.

I am looking into getting another batch. Looks like the price is on the increase again. R100A's at newark are going to jump on their next shipment according to their sales rep. So uncertain if I hold out for a lower bid, or buy them before a price jump. Such is life and risk.

The R100's in most circuits sound exceptional to me, as do fairchilds. :2c:
I didn't care for Toshibas too much, good detail but not a tone I like.
Anyways, don't want to threadjack Buzz.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
interesting parallel :
F5 is having 4 active parts
J is having 4 active parts
J2 is having 4 active parts
M2 is having 4 active parts
F6 is having 4 active parts
SIT1 is having 1 active part (3 if input buffer used)
SIT2 is having 2 active parts (4 if input buffer used)

lazy to go back from F5 ......

edit : and yes , some ppl are paying much much more for preamp toobz .........

I'm scared to even calculate what amount of greenies will be tossed in my future phono preamp with toobz ......... :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.