F6 Amplifier

Funny thing,I am now running Visual analyzer,and at 0,05v the dist on F6 (in to the souncard) is about 0,5% at 0,2v its 0,13% and at 0,3v it is 0,013%..

Or you are content with the results you get by subtracting the k2 and k3 of the soundcard...

Not very precise, but if you only want to adjust k2/k3 ratio this may be sufficient for the moment.?
Yes it have to be sufficient at the moment because i cannot afford it.

Visual_zpsd5f6dd4e.png

I don´t know why the pictures get blured,they are clear on my laptop.

Loop the soundcard. And put the input level on 1 and output level on 100(Windows, Mac may be different.). I am talking system volume. SLowly lower the volume level and see what happens while watching the oscilloscope and runnig a sinewave. You can watch THd at same time. See whats happening. After trying this, lower output and rasie input, doing same thing. Your computer may have a sweet spot:rofl:

The least distortion I got when Input was on 100% and output a little above 50,but that won´t be enough to run the amp to 2,83v only 2.0v...

I´m gonna "have" to use this setup only to set the k2 distortion messaurements,and buy a new sound card later on.

You need to measure 2.83V across the 8R load resistor placed across the speaker terminals. THat is 1W of output from the amp. You do not need 2.83 out of the sound card. I am thinking you will need about .5V

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The least distortion I got when Input was on 100% and output a little above 50,but that won´t be enough to run the amp to 2,83v only 2.0v...

I´m gonna "have" to use this setup only to set the k2 distortion messaurements,and buy a new sound card later on.

Can't you change the output of the soundcard in your distortion program?

Of course you have lower distortion with 2V over the 8R but you should go to 2,83V.

I suppose you will come to 0.02 %, still a very good value.

Gonna connect the amp to the "stero" and listen for a couple of days.:)

Is the Spdif out any good quality on that EMU 0404 USB?

I did not have the usb 0404, but the pc version of the EMu 1212. They make good soundcards, so it will be very good. Is it HiFi? I think its best not to go there. Its a long, expensive path that usually involves spending lots of money on the last 15% of performance, only to realize that evrything is a tradeoff and you will need 4 amps, 3 dacs, 6 speakers, 5 preamps and 24 sets of cables to get it right.:D