• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5X Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good news, fellow US builders.
Just got the reply from Tomasz:

Dear Fred,

Audio grade TS15VA PRI: 2x 115V SEC: 2x 12V costs 20,00 EUR/pc.

Shipping cost to USA for 6kg package which can takes 10 pcs. - 51,00 EUR.

It looks like the 6kg package is the optimized size for the shipping.
Given the current exchange rate, the unit price will be around $36 ea +
a couple dollars for any possible overhead, shipped. If nothing else, I will proceed
to order 10 as we already have 6 on the list. The other 4 will be in first come first serve
basis.

If the transformer is good enough for Patrick, it must be good enough for us.
Search no more :)

> If the transformer is good enough for Patrick, it must be good enough for us.

Any cheap and small toroidal Tx 15VA is good enough in that position.
It is only a protection circuit. Even SMPS is good enough if placed outside the case.

I only went for the GB because of laziness, as I need 2 600VA anyway.
Otherwise I would have ordered Sedlbauer standard 15VA from Conrad, as heiz1 suggested before.

Not that I want to discourage you from ordering from Toroidy.
They do make nice transformers.

Patrick

Heinz1, thanks for the tips.

Patrick, to be honest with you, I was surprised that it wasn't as easy to find such transformer in US as I thought. There were quite a few in UK turned up in my search but not too many in US. At the end, Toroidy is no more expensive than here (believe or not, a Newark prices a Hammond of such specs at USD60+!!), and I can stop searching :) and can ship along with the case to US members.

Davide, I have asked to wind one transformer for Japan main, i.e. 100V primary. I will confirm once Tomasz confirms with me.

A little change from the early quote above:
I have asked to add insurance and changed to single primary. So, the cost should be very close to the early post.

Thanks!!

Heinz1, thanks for the tips.

Davide, I have asked to wind one transformer for Japan main, i.e. 100V primary. I will confirm once Tomasz confirms with me.

Thanks!!

Thanks,

I am in contact with Tomasz. The problem is that for the gipsy nature of my work, I need both 100V and 230V. As it looks like the shipment will be up to 30kg, I may wait to make a bigger order.

Unless we do a combined shipment to Austria.

Davide

Hi Davide,

Oops, I didn't know you need dual primary. I just ordered the single primary with one special 100V unit. Do you still need the single 100V primary transformer? If not, I can inform Tomasz to make all of them single 115V. Please let me know asap so that I can request the change.

Thanks!!

Didn't they say a picture is worth a thousand word ?
Here are my 2000 words.

;)

Patrick

Attachments

• 120213 F5X Tx 1.JPG
    120213 F5X Tx 1.JPG
    350.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 120213 F5X Tx 2.JPG
    120213 F5X Tx 2.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 187
Got my pair today.
Measured the idle current with open circuit secondary.
Careful, the phase of the secondaries is not marked.

@ 230Vac Ipri=13.5mAac
@ 240Vac Ipri=14.7mAac
@ 254Vac Ipri=17.3mAac

That 254Vac primary current is very good for a 230Vac transformer rated at 600VA.

We will have no problems running these transformers on any of the 220/240Vac supplies.

Was the damage to the parcel visible on receipt or did you realize the damage after accepting the goods? Visible damage should be immediately objected and mentioned to the delivering person.
If the damage wasn't immediately detectable (e.g. small split on the bottom not readily apparent) you can file a claim with the company within a certain time frame.

See: DPD (UK) - Help

edit: Important: Don't destroy or throw away any packaging materials, perhaps somebody wants to inspect these in order to evaluate your case.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.