F5X -- the EUVL Approach

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am so embarrassed, however when I was going through to quote the components for the protection board GB. I noticed that there were no capacitors with the stated voltage for some components, needless to say I have created a revision and double and triple checked the values to ensure there are no more such mistakes.

Thankyou for your understanding.

Attachments

• XEN Speaker Protection Board BOM.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
A few years from now, you would have no choice.
The industry will not produce through hole components for hobbists.
And the entire industry, even for prototyping, will move to SMD, because production cost is less.

Patrick

Hopefully, a few years from now it will also be possible to have a pcb produced as easy as a digital prints, and affordable prototyping services.

D.

potection board question

Hi Patrick
I am building my first DIY project. It will be F5 amp. Now I am loking for some speaker protection and soft start. I found your project, wich is very nice. I want to ask some questions about your protection board.
I dont know a lot about schematics etc. If I uderstad right your board will
1. control main rele and two speaker relais.
2. It will detect DC on output, and swith speaker relais off
3. it will delay speaker relais when switch on
I have questions:
1. Can it control soft start rele
2. Can it operate in SE amp with no problem
3. Can it switch on with remote control. I mean with cable from control/preamp
4. What is the size of the board
Thank you for answers
Martin

I assume so, If you are willing to wait a few weeks, there will be a new Protection board that I feel will suit you far better, As this is designed for the front panel of the F5x, and the front pannel of the F5X case is designed for it. I You will very likely have a much better experiance if you wait.

> 1. Can it control soft start rele

If you mean softstart for mains, then you need NTC, like Nelson.

> 2. Can it operate in SE amp with no problem

Yes.

> 3. Can it switch on with remote control. I mean with cable from control/preamp

No such feature.

4. What is the size of the board

Already answered by Alexis.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.