F5X -- the EUVL Approach - The Build Thread

First, there are jumpers that I almost missed on the capacitor doubler boards under C2 and C22

Matt

Hi Matt, can you please tell which boards are you referring to? I don't see any place for jumpers on the regulator boards and the capacitors on these boards are labelled 'C1 to C4'. I don't see any 'C22', not even on the 22000uF filter boards. Thank you.

Last edited:
Would anyone please provide BOM for Ve regulator boards

If you use the panasonic capacitors, you'll have to cut the supporting stand by 5mm. Alternatively, use Nichicon UVZ1V102MHD as suggested in post #664.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/208880-f5x-euvl-approach-build-thread-67.html#post3578696

And, you'll have to use a 8mm standoff. I cut my supporting stand (bottom part) by about 6mm. Don't worry about the treads, it runs deep, probably 10 to 12mm deep.

The only thing I am not sure about is whether we should apply thermal grease between the 'U' regulator holder and it's heatsink.

Last edited:
Mains power supply. Is it okay to use thermistors in parallel?

Attachments

• Power connection.png
    Power connection.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 254
anyone using F5X without protection board ?

You can do it without the protection board but obviously, you won't have speaker protection and the standby mode.

Use the CRC filter board. Then you need not the auxiliary transformer and also the mute relay on the daughter board of the main board.

You can opt for the slow start board and the speaker protection from diystore but i am not sure if you can use the speaker protection board.

thank you pmchoong
I am asking as It Is not so simple to do all protection board setups - many smd componens, additional components set up and etc.
I will use protection from main F5X amp pcb

I guess that I can use also Ve regulator If bypassing relay

I do have protection pcb V3 which has reported to have Issues and will try to set It up later