• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So when prepaying, the main boards were not included in price yet? Just keeping track of my dubloons...

The boards were not included as I was unsure of demand and whether he was going to reissue them. I am pretty sure I communicated that, although it is possible i did not. Sorry if there was a micommunication. I will double check to make sure you didn't include payment, but at the time, I hadn't even given a price. Anyway, if you have doubloons, you are good:D

The Fukushimas are 4-6 weeks out. I can provide replacement Panasonic 3W while you wait for the Fukushima, but you will be responsible for the extra shipping once they come in. All other components are here, with exception of Jfets, which are delayed slightly because i asked for high Idss matches. Also Tea's boads have not arrived, but I expect them shortly as well.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask my dummy Q, but anyway:

except for the PSUs and the number of the output FETs, cascoded V2 == V3, is that right? (this is what I understood from the FW articles).

So, buying V2 kit I can 'upgrade' it later to V3, cascoding it and adding another PSU (provided extra output FETs matched with the originals)?

Or am I better off buying v3 from the start and using just 2 pairs of FETs instead of 4, and 1 PSU instead of 2?

Thanks,
Alex.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.