F5 Turbo Builders Thread

So do I. There is hum when I connect input signal. I cannot fix it.
When I turn my amplifier off amplifier keeps playing for a few seconds but hum stops immediately so I thought to much ripple in ps so I wired in a few chokes I had for a speaker project 2.7mh plus one more bank of caps this dropped my voltage down to 29v at output to amp boards but also added more filtering for dc I also removed ground bar from one side of first part of ps as this was creating a loop.
Hum is very low now but still there. I bought these caps at surplus store and I don't know there ripple rating. Here's a picture. I also wired in one more MU3020 bridge so now one transformer -bridge is powering positive ps and the other the negative.The bias seems more stable now. This may also be from the amp settling in as it's new.

Attachments

• 2-28-2013 amp 020.JPG
    2-28-2013 amp 020.JPG
    591.1 KB · Views: 459
just put some tapes on wires with numbers on them
1 = + side from first bridge
2 = - side from first bridge
3 = - side from second bridge
4 = + side from second bridge
5 = + input to first choke
6 = - input to second choke
7 = + output from fist choke to + caps
8 = - output from second choke to - caps
9 = amp board ground
10 = amp board ground
11 = + output to amp board one
12 = - output to amp board one
13 = + output to amp board two
14 = - output to amp board two
15 = ground to ground bridge
16 = cap ground connector
The other wires are speaker outs and rca inputs
If this is not clear let me know and I'll elaborate.

Attachments

• arch rock 2-2-2013 005.JPG
    arch rock 2-2-2013 005.JPG
    587.5 KB · Views: 411

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Nice to hear 6L6:) what was wrong With it?

As far as I can tell, because it blew up twice before I ever had a scope on it, oscillation was eating up the gatestoppers and then the outputs failed. Don't take it to court, but the circumstantial evidence is pretty good...

nrg2009 said:
Very good 6L6. All future V2 builders (including myself) await your verdict on the boards.

As soon as I get it happy with the source diodes in the circuit, and buzzforb has no issues with his, then I'll be happy.

My guess is that the small (1000pf) compensation cap from gate to output, which is mentioned in the V3 instructions, should be considered standard. Luckily there is room for it on the output boards. :) :) :)