F5 power amplifier

You need to confirm two separate things: 1. The LEDs are good and connected correctly with an independent power source . 2. The circuit on the amp is supplying the correct voltage to light them - again with correct polarity. When you have that info, then you can proceed to the next steps in trouble shooting.

Last edited:
One question I'm not sure of is if the LED serves more than one function in the circuit. Even if you proceed (I wouldn't without the LEDs functioning) would the readings be useful. I just don't know. You may be anxious to continue but I'd wait for a little more information. The Gurus will show in time. :D

I've removed the bulb. But nothing changes. At r11 if I put the probes directly on the resistor base I have 0.06v, in the pcb hole 0.015v. If I put the probe in V+ and V- in the f5 board I have 47v.
Measure form + to ground and - to ground, 47V between + and - is about right, keep mind the PS is Plus <-> ground (0) <-> Minus, 23 <-> 0 <-> -23 will be 46V in difference between 2 "extreme".

Measure form + to ground and - to ground, 47V between + and - is about right, keep mind the PS is Plus <-> ground (0) <-> Minus, 23 <-> 0 <-> -23 will be 46V in difference between 2 "extreme".
Ok. But it seems I can't have voltage (or measure it) at r11 and r12. Instead between source-gate and drain-gate (q3 and q4) I have +-24v
Between R4 and R3 I have 0 volt

Last edited:
If there is no measurable voltage across R11 and R12 (the soruce resistors), then there is no current passing through the output devices, meaning they are off. If R3 and R4 have zero volt, it suggests the pots (P1 and P2) are shorted, i.e. they are turned to the extreme end and have no resistance. Did turn these 2 pots? It is pssobile that the bias is not set correctly yet.

Another reason that there is no voltage in R3 and R4 is the jfets are dead. I hope this is not the case.