F5 power amplifier

Joined 2006
Paid Member
bogdan_borko PCB

bogdan_borko said:
I learned a lot from mr.PAss and this forum in general so I decided to donate the pcb files to this comunity.:)

Everyone is free to make the PCB-s as long as there`s my name printed on them and of course, NO financial gain.

Cheers!
Borko.

first PDF file:

Borko, drill points and everything!

Have you wired it up and hearing anything yet? I'd rather you weed out any mistakes, before I check schematic. I like this, this is a bit larger than some of the others, may be easier for the Gorilla fisted to wire.

:smash: :smash:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: bogdan_borko PCB

mithomas said:

Have you wired it up and hearing anything yet? I'd rather you weed out any mistakes, before I check schematic. I like this, this is a bit larger than some of the others, may be easier for the Gorilla fisted to wire.

:rofl:

please - recheck it by your self ...... it's certainly easy enough ;)

( NB - I don't do pcbs , at least not with proggies ; in any way - I'm lousy at that .....)

Re: bogdan_borko PCB

mithomas said:

The pcb is rechecked a number of times and is ok. Don`t worry, it will work!:cool: After all you need 10 minutes to recheck it you self.

some details:

R9-R14 = 2W
R3 and R4 = 1W
R23-R26 = 2W
C3 and C4 = 470uF/35-50V
C1 and C2 = 100nF/50V

The Protel schematic is attached:

Attachments

• f5 schematic pr.pdf
    45.4 KB · Views: 954
EUVL said:
If you have a low impedance speaker, you need more current rather than voltage. You can of course start paralleling matched output devices (e.g. using 2 pairs of MOSFETs will give maximum power at 4 ohm). But paralleling MOSFETs will change the frequency dependent characteristics of the amplifier.

Patrick

Practically speaking, does that mean that the circuit would have to be completely reoptimized to add another pair of MOSFETS?

Looneytunes
:xeye:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Optimization is individual, even within a given design.

You can simply parallel output devices and it will work fine, but
if you tweak some of the resistor values, you can get the most out
of it. This is also true of the published circuit. Most examples meet
a .002% spec at 1 watt, but some run a little higher, and you can
tweak them down. Similarly with the bandwidth.

So if you have a scope and a distortion analyzer, you can always get
a little better.