F5 power amplifier

On my Parallel caps I did it like this, because of the nice color contrast with the copper wire and brass bolts on caps, how ever doesn't always make good contact maybe didn't get all the enamel off the wire or not a good way ?.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi awc,

try soldering your copper cable to one of these ring terminals.
3.2mm Ring Terminal Red 10pk | R1-3V

should give you a better contact. I also ise these with flat ofc cable I bought a while ago. Looks sharp and can handle lots of current. Yours is a little on the lean side IMO.

Ive used in parallel 11 Mallory 6400 uF 60 vot 45x80mm they not quite fitting for this circuit but they give a nice tone and detail etc to the amp in front of them i have 4 10.000 in serial with ov to earth on them. small caps I suspect have better ESR but using what i had still have 30 6400uF if any one what some ?
NOS. I cant even use them for door stoppers they just roll away.

You got any 100V 10000uF+ caps?

bear, Ive just been looking at your site, and the way your power supply done on Symphony amp, its brilliant I'll get some copper I think,
you have to transformers in parallel ?

Thanks for the compliment - if you want to discuss, it needs another thread elsewhere as it is not a Pass thing. If you start one, give me a heads up so I know?

Let's just say for now, "it is one way to do things".

_-_-bear

I draw the zen cap mult with its symetrical

Attachments

• Sans titre5.JPG
    Sans titre5.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 677