F5 Headamp ?

Stereo microscope

I use a stereo microscope frequently. It makes SMD not a problem at all. I also use a reflowster. "AmScope" makes very high quality scopes at a very reasonable price: 10X-20X LED Binocular Stereo Microscope Boom Arm with Gooseneck Light is an entry level. I use one a few up from this at home. It actually compares to very expensive professional quality 'scopes e.g. the one I use at work is ~$200k

I have this one: http://www.amscope.com/stereo-micro...tand-stereo-zoom-microscope-1-3mp-camera.html

There is a learning curve but once your brain gets used to the magnification it is a complete game changer ... bring on those BF862s:)

Last edited:
I refer to a post of mine in the Build thread :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/283387-f5-ha-build-thread.html#post4624639
and want to clarify that a balanced version F5X-HA will NOT be available for the next 6 to 9 months.
Currently there is not even a PCB design.
And as always we shall not release a project until it has been proven.
As and when we shall be ready, we shall post the details here.

But thank you for your interest,
Patrick

Of course not VAT + customs fees can only be included for huge sellers as mouser and such, so you'll end up with a little more if the customs fetch the package.

Oh how i rather would have liked this board split in separate channels and PSU. Would have been alot better use of my case (2109), for getting the DAC in same enclosure. Although it would have been even better with a fully balanced setup :)

> Oh how i rather would have liked this board split in separate channels and PSU.

Why not just build P2P using Vero Board ?
It took me half a day, so easy.

> Although it would have been even better with a fully balanced setup....

The F5X-HA will have amp board only, and all the rest as separate PCBs, like the DAO.
It will take a few more months (>6).

Patrick

>
Why not just build P2P using Vero Board ?
It took me half a day, so easy.

The simple reason of time, and it saves alot of headache doing it with a PCB.
Of course i could order myself PCB's from China - but then again it takes time making them in diptrace.
I have recently gotten a second daughter, which does as the first one also did - have Colic, and she only sleeps ON us right now, otherwise she wakes up screaming in a few minutes :-(

The F5X-HA will have amp board only, and all the rest as separate PCBs, like the DAO.
It will take a few more months (>6).

This will be really interesting. The only problem is that i'll probably have to buy another Soekris dac for fully balanced from the source. My headphones does at least work with balanced signal, but i don't know if it would be any big difference if not the source also is balanced.