F4 power amplifier

Re: Yunick's F4 pics and grounding

cherhit said:
Thanks Nelson.

Yunick, looking at the pics of your boards, I'm wondering how you have that circuit grounded. As I understand from Nelson's answer in the above post, the GND next to SG should go to supply ground. I see wires connected to GND at the other end of the board, but as I see it, that GND only provides a connection to supply ground for C5 & C6 if used.

Geo

Thanks alot Geo,

Your advice did the trick :) now it's all working correct ...

Thank you Nelson for sharing this eminent circuit :)

15A regulated PSU for F4 headphone amp

Hi Guys,

This is the shematic of 15A regulated PSU, designed by a dealer, named UCC, in Taiwan. Some of you may know him and his two famous products, ultimate mini-regulator and PP capacity.

Here is the shematic.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And the reference website talking about how to set the out voltage.
set the output voltage

I think this regulator may fit the F4 headphone amp, so I try to layout it in these days. Here it the layout.
15Aregulator_SSS.jpg

cheers!

Peleus

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: 15A regulated PSU for F4 headphone amp

Peleus said:
Hi Guys,

This is the shematic of 15A..........

Peleus

in your boots I'll try F4 for HP first without any super duper reg ;

my next step will be non reg - CLC or CRC mucho caps PSU ;

try it and decide what's better

cascoded 317 (and 337) will do the same job ( or even better ) as that proposed reg , sound wise

Transformer power rating.

Hi. Can you tell me the different power rating requirements for the different First Watt amplifier starting with the F1:

F1,2,3, dual sec 18Vac
F4 needed transformer?

Is there a real advantage of building the F4 compare to the F1 simplicity (no need to match output device)?

I'm planning to drive a pair of Lowther with it using a crossover network.

Thanks...

SB

Hi guys!

I finaly made my F4 and it works!!! kind of.....

The problem is that I can't turn the bias more than 0.10V on the 0.47 ohm rezistors. I have set the P2 in order to have 0V DC at the output and turned P1 to reach 0.25V on the 0.47 rezistors but I can't reach more than 0.10V - What should I do?

The power suply delivers 2x19.5V with 2 power stages conected!

On R8 (22K) I got 5.4V and on R9 (10k) I got 2.5V

:confused:

While I've never gone so far as to have a long distance challenge, I have run lengths up to ten or twelve inches from Gate stopper to Gate without problems. There are a lot of variables in play, though, and I prefer to keep it under three inches when I can. That's in bench circuits. Once I get to the PCB stage, I'm generally in the .2 inch realm.

Grey