F4 power amplifier

Re: Re: If I remember correctly...

He surely got:

----- Original Message -----
To: nelson pass
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:08 PM
Subject: F4 PCBs

Hello Mr. Pass,

I'd like to ask you for permission to produce a batch of F4 boards. The approach will be very strictly 'non profit' with a price per 2 channel board $6 or so. The layout was posted here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1192478#post1192478

The boards would be offered to forum members only.

Regards,

Peter Daniel

Srajan Ebaen said:
That's swell - and I'll mention the Peter Daniel boards in the credit -:)

Hi Srajan,

Since I mentioned that the boards will be offered to Forum members only, I would prefer if my name was not mentioned in a 6moons F4 write up. I prefer to keep Audiosector business separate from my diy activity on this Forum. Besides, when this is non profit, 'advertising' can only create more hassle for me ;)

Gotcha, Peter.

This only came up because tvad mentioned it - and he, I'm sure, mentioned it only to give credit where due rather than having it appear his amp was all done up from *complete* scratch by himself. But seeing the nature of this, I agree, there's nothing gained in a formal review of the F4 by confusing the issue for bystanders and bring up the name of another commercial manufacturer (or having to explain what it really means).

Easy does it so you've just been erased -:)

Hey, if you're near to completing anything cool and new for AudioSector, keep my in the loop. Still loving my Pateks and the step-down transformers work day and night completely noise-free.:D

I guess I will opt for the 2sk170 , 2sj74 - as these are being touted as the replacement for the 2sk370,2sj108---can´t find the data sheet yet.
Just that some companies charge a huge shipping charge plus usually send via priority mail.In Tech diy case for example shipping/handling charge is 12 usd for int´l orders plus about 18 usd for priority mail so 30 usd in all for 4-8 usd worth of components.
Maybe I should order 100 to keep my shipping costs down:xeye:

protos said:
I guess I will opt for the 2sk170 , 2sj74 - as these are being touted as the replacement for the 2sk370,2sj108---can´t find the data sheet yet.
Just that some companies charge a huge shipping charge plus usually send via priority mail.In Tech diy case for example shipping/handling charge is 12 usd for int´l orders plus about 18 usd for priority mail so 30 usd in all for 4-8 usd worth of components.
Maybe I should order 100 to keep my shipping costs down:xeye:

I have the 2SK10 and 2SJ74 etc datasheets. I can email them.
RK

get lost...

i was just finishing my BOM according to F4 R0 04/17/07 when i noticed a new version (06/04/07) with different bias/jfet/shunt resistors.

I browsed the post but i cannot find informations about that, what's the difference between the 2 versions?

I've got many 0,5R 3W resistors handy, can i use them as source resistors and simply adjust P1 to measure 265mV across them?

Many thanks,

Marco

korben69 said:
Hi Marginwalker, you're wellcome !
Same for me, time to find a chassis, I've got the heatsinks.
It's my first PASS amp, maybe others to come...
Your search could be usefull to me, hifi2K ?
Let us know about your search.

i'd like to build a chassis by myself because ready made are a bit expansive (100+ euro). tomorrow i'll take a tour in the wrackage dump looking for a couple of big ugly heatsinks ;)

if you want a good looking chassis try http://www.modushop.biz, maybe you'll be able to customize a galaxy chassis to your own heatsinks.
Take a look to 'pesante dissipante' line too, it looks good and has got huge heatsinks too. you can spare yours for the next project ;)

Otherwise, you can use heatsinks to build a solid structure with nuts&bolts and finish it with plexy (easy and good looking, i'll try this way).

Ciao

Marco