F4 power amplifier

Packaging looks genuine.

Attachments

• 15997195682272687350168657388260.jpg
    15997195682272687350168657388260.jpg
    343.6 KB · Views: 295
I built my F4 a few months ago and I had to come back and declare that I couldn't be happier with how this amp makes music. So beautiful. I had asked earlier if there would be enough gain in my medium-sized room with most music. Yep, no problem.

I use a LTA MZ2 preamp and Omega high output alnico magnet monitors (97dB/w/m). Qobuz through a Border Patrol DAC or Audiolab transport for CDs. I also play "rekkids" via a WTL Simplex and Ortofon 2M Black. Love it!

Thanks, Nelson, you are the best!

Yeah, I've never truly felt I had an amp that made me feel as if I had "arrived" until hearing the F4. And I owned a commercial First Watt F6 and heard a friend's DIY F5 (through Altec 605s), among others, including owning SET amps (which of course are very nice in their own right). I've waited a few months to get over the "DIY bias," but, yeah, it's my favorite-sounding amp ever. That's probably why I gushed over it yesterday, as I've never felt this way about an amp before.

Now that I have two extra channels of f4 amplification, I'm going to use them and Nelson's 6-24 crossover to power a distributed bass array. Unfortunately for system matching I need to start out with more gain. I was thinking about placing some form of a transformer on the input of the boards to accomplish that.

Can anyone recommend some options?

Obviously I could also just pad down the input of the rest of the system too (using the crossover circuit), but it seems weird to pass the most critical part of the signal through more circuitry just to reduce gain.

Thanks.