F4 power amplifier

Ok is a good idea . I´ll start looking for some models, I like diy furniture, perhaps I can make this or similar.:)

Attachments

• 277px-venus_of_tan-tan.jpg
    277px-venus_of_tan-tan.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,332
mpmarino said:
I bet Humberto's amp sounds better, and they look better too ;) -than my krappy Krell (certainly in this forum -at least :) ). I bet I can get better welding penetration with mine though.

I like your speakers, Woody.

I thought that looked like a lot of chassis--yes, suitable for a welder.;) It probably sounds much better when played through speakers rather than a welding rod...:D

Thanks for the compliment on my speakers.:)

Re: Extra rail caps for F4

jameshillj said:
Hi Andrzej,
Try adding a small resistor [0.1 - 0.3 ohm] in series with the 22 and 47nF caps - I generally use [100nF + 0.15 - 0.2R] as bipass for 220 - 470uF electros. Big surprise!!

Hi,
let me share experiences with C1/C1 caps. Two weeks ago I replaced Nichicon bipolars with Elna Silmic-II. As for my old ears - overal sound and ambient results are great – better base at the very beginning, more details, more air, more pleasure. Few days of caps burning/mature and I start to listen music which for me was difficult to reproduce. It is much better now, however higher frequencies of shrill sounds contain some unpleasant grain or sand, even if I am listening being at another room. Finally I realized method suggested by Jameshillj adding resistor 0.22 oHm in series with 47 nF as a bypass for 220 uF (C1/C2). Result is fantastic! In most cases grain and sand disappeared. Sound of big band trumpets is clear now, crash and ride cymbals too! I love it! Of course, not everything is perfect at my system but improvement is great. Maybe not all of my CDs are perfectly recorded or arranged.
Many thanks: Nelson for Elna Silmic-II suggestion and Jameshillj for bypass advices.

Attachments

• imgp1765_lorez.jpg
    imgp1765_lorez.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,411
Great that this is working for you Andrzej -
It's one of those try and see things, and it sometimes produces some top end ringing that some ccts just hate.
For more info, there is a series of articles about "Choosing and Using Bipass Capacitors" at the "TechOnline" site that's very useful.
Managed to "scrounge" a couple of Sikorel caps for the power supplies - Oh boy, what a Difference this makes(!)

José Humberto said:
How do you work lines in the aluminium?

I used a table saw for that - it was all I had at the time. Now I'd use a nice mill from Crazy Danske.

Quick question.... any benefit to using Fairchild for P channel over IR?

Quick answer - yes :D

I've seen Nelson point out that the non IR Pch devices do not have a distortion that the IR Pch devices have.