F4 power amplifier

Indeed

Nelson promised a unit but the news embargo on this end is in effect too - no idea yet what this beast will be, exactly. Except that the bloody 200KHz square wave looks pretty scary and that 1-ohm 10A clipping graph is pretty suggestive all by itself...

So once one of you boys gets his AudioXpress, share the spoils so the press isn't the last to know :whazzat:

lykkedk said:
Kindoff offtopic, but Nelson, say's the Elna silk 220uF cap's are a good choise for the F4, but i can't figure out, what voltage it must be (the one i use now is 35v or 63v i can't remember excatly) I think my pcb used ~5mm between legs.

Could someone help me out :eek:

Jesper.

don't take my word for it, but i think c1/c2 should be 20v or more since this is the maximum SE output voltage.. i'll be trying 25v silmics soon, almost ready to test them. For c3/c4 i'll be using 63v panasonic fc's and the optional caps (on peter's boards) will be 1800 uf 35v panasinic fc's... they do't fit well, i might go for 220 uf instead of 1800 uf

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
lykkedk said:
Kindoff offtopic, but Nelson, say's the Elna silk 220uF cap's are a good choise for the F4, but i can't figure out, what voltage it must be (the one i use now is 35v or 63v i can't remember excatly) I think my pcb used ~5mm between legs.

Could someone help me out :eek:

Jesper.

just observe what's your p-p amplitude , and you'll know

:clown: