• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, that's correct. I have plenty of F5 amp and PS boards, so no problem witrh orders.

I've built the first amp amp today and everything looks good. Will do some listening tests soon.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

woodturner-fran said:
Peter, what is the Q3 to Q4 mounting hole distance?

is there any problem in setting these a bit further apart and running wires back to the PCB?

The mounting hole distance is 3.7" and I believe it's more than with the other F5 board. Nelson mentioned that there is no problem with extention wires up to 12" or so.

Also, this is the same distance I used for A30 and F4 amp pcbs so boards swapping is simplified. In fact, the chassis I'm using now was originally built for A30 amp: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=815856#post815856

Ah, thanks Peter. I think I will mount mine off board and spread them a bit on the heatsink. It will make life easier for me as well I think.

I soldered together the 2 power supply boards. I didn't see an obvious place for the 2.2K bleeder resistors but I just soldered them in before the first cap. Hope thats OK.

Fran

Marsfrogie said:
Just an FYI. The .47ohm power resistors provided with the tech-diy F4 kit are radial and do not appear to fit in the F4 PCB board. You will need to source axial power resistors unless you wish to modify the board or have the resistors towering above the board.

The F5 boards have additional set of pads to be compatible with radial resistors as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.