• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F3 and F4 Clone PCB Reissue group buy, also F5 PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mouser F3 BOM

OK,

so I have an excel spreadsheet done up for mouser for an F3 BOM. Questions though:

1. Mouser aren't great for the 15,000uF caps. So I was thinking of doing this:

You can also use secondaries separately, powering both halves independently and connecting outputs in series (GND with V+). That will also produce 46V but the advantage here is the use lower voltage rated caps (25V or so) and having more overall capacitance, possibly one boards per two channels.

which would allow me to use the 25V caps. Are we still ok with this for an F3?

2. I have picked Nichicon Low Impedance Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors - 105 Degree 220uF 63V 105c 10x25 20% for the 220uF caps. Will they (10 x 25mm) fit the boards OK?

3. The 1uF is a MKP which is 10.5 mm W x 26.5 mm L x 18.5 mm H with a lead spacing of 22.5mm. Will that fit right in?

4. Same goes for the 33pF, wima FKP: 5mm lead spacing?

If someone is willing to check my list (twice given the time of year) would you email me and I'll send it on to you.

Fran

now off to work on the same for an F5:whip:

Peter:

will 1/2W resistors fit on the F3 and F5 boards or are we better keeping them to 1/4W ones?

Also - what is a good choice for the diodes on the PS boards? I picked out mouser p/n 844-MUR3020WTPBF Ultra Fast Recovery Rectifiers 200 Volt 30 Amp Common Cathode, but they are pricey..... are there others that are still ok but cheaper?

Any takers for someone to do a check on a mouser parts list?

Fran

I would suggest Dale CMF50 (1/4W) resistors available from DigiKey: http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/C083/P1843.pdf They fit the boards nicely. Another alternative could be Caddock MK132.

As to diodes, didn't test those yet so it's hard for me to recommend.

Attachments

• res.jpg
    res.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 595
OK,

thanks Peter, I will go back and look at the resistor choices again and go for the 1/4W option. Let me post my second question another way...... What are you going to use as diodes for your F5?:D :D

Pity, shipping from digikey to here is a right PITA.... and mouser just works out every time so I am reluctant to change from them.

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.