F2 Initial Listening Impressions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rehad said:
Thanks for your helps,

Actually i added 2 x 22ohm in parallel , it sounds better now . But for the highs i think there is nothing to do, for me this is quite fine . Mids and highs are very detailed and smooth .

On the other hand the tone of the amp is very similar to the Roksan Caspian M1 integrated . The only difference F2 is more sweat and warmer .

Fostex speakers are very transparent .If the amp has something different you can here the difference . I have tried a lot of amps with Fostex , until now i found Caspian and F2 are the better than others

Thanks Again

There can be a misunderstanding ;

2 x 22 in series = 44 ohms in parallel to Fostex FE206E

Not sure about the F1, but I got a pair of F2 PCBs from Peter Daniel on this forum.

You can PM him through this forum or contact via e-mail, his details are on his website at DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information..

I don't know if anyone has a BOM, but the schematics for the JFET versions, F1J and F2J, are available on the firstwatt website if you click on the product links, I can't see the original F2 schematic there, but it has been posted on the forum here before - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/91168-diy-f2-clone.html.

Hope that helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.