• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F/S Eastech / Philips Ribbon Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi rubicon,

Money was sent via paypal on Dec. 16 for 4 small phillips ribbons+shipping. They have not arrived. Can you advise of the method of shipment and when I should expect them to arrive?

Thanks

Hello Ed

Duly apologize to you and two others... I was really late towards the end of the year due to the flu... I'm terribly sorry...

Everything has been shipped (I owed two amps as well) and I can send tracking data via e-mail...

Happy New Year...

Mark

I have 2 pair of the little ones. They are cute and well built. They are good to about 5kHz. Keep in mind that they are dipoles. And push-pull electrodynamic planars, not true ribbons.

Philips had nothing to do with these. Eastech bought Monsoon (Canadian company) for the licence agreements from Eminent/Bruce Thigpen that let them build these. Think of them as 3rd generation Monsoons.

Attached are some preliminary data sheets i have and a response curve measured by Dan Wiggins.

dave

This post made me dig around some, and I see a lot of references of Eastech being involved in this.
Does this mean there's a lot more of these similar types of drivers out there?

This post made me dig around some, and I see a lot of references of Eastech being involved in this.
Does this mean there's a lot more of these similar types of drivers out there?

The very short version of this story is this...

Eastech really did not make these either... These were however marketed nicely by them...

The company that did make these (and others) is also in China and they are a very good company. I recently arranged for another US-based company to buy drivers from them - and they have done a GREAT JOB with this business. I have also bought more 1-inch "circular ribbons" (planars).

If folks need some contact information for products or plans - I would be glad to help with introductions. If it's to purchase "just a few" I will try to help where I can. Mostly, these folks do very large scale manufacturing and they are quite good at what they do.

I also want to say that BG makes some superb products. These are great people - and they really support their products better than just about anyone. Robin Ellis is a super guy - and I urge people all the time to look at BG for their planar needs.

Thanks,

Mark

The very short version of this story is this...

Eastech really did not make these either... These were however marketed nicely by them...

The company that did make these (and others) is also in China and they are a very good company. I recently arranged for another US-based company to buy drivers from them - and they have done a GREAT JOB with this business. I have also bought more 1-inch "circular ribbons" (planars).

If folks need some contact information for products or plans - I would be glad to help with introductions. If it's to purchase "just a few" I will try to help where I can. Mostly, these folks do very large scale manufacturing and they are quite good at what they do.

I also want to say that BG makes some superb products. These are great people - and they really support their products better than just about anyone. Robin Ellis is a super guy - and I urge people all the time to look at BG for their planar needs.

Thanks,

Mark
I'm a huge fan of the Monsoon planer speakers. That's actually a big part of why I wound up listing all my speaker parts.
I got my Monsoon speakers back around '04 or so, and for the listening I do, they're just perfect. Great sound quality and don't take up a lot of space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.