ezDAC v.1.5 Builders Thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's great, just two resistors then. The voltage doesn't have to be exactly +/-15V, as long as it is >2.0V higher than the 12V output of the next regulator. 14.4V is a bit lowish, but the 4% tolerance of the LM337 and the 5% of the resistors could lead to 9% in total. If you want an exact voltage with LM317/337, it's better to use a trimmer instead of the 1k1.

The case looks good, but all the way from Hong Kong must mean $$$ shipping...

Ray

That's great, just two resistors then. The voltage doesn't have to be exactly +/-15V, as long as it is >2.0V higher than the 12V output of the next regulator. 14.4V is a bit lowish, but the 4% tolerance of the LM337 and the 5% of the resistors could lead to 9% in total. If you want an exact voltage with LM317/337, it's better to use a trimmer instead of the 1k1.

The case looks good, but all the way from Hong Kong must mean $$$ shipping...

Ray

Should I use a couple of trimmers? I believe there 2x 1k1 on board.

I should use only the wiper and one end of the trimmer right?

guys, I put my name down on the interest thread for this round of PCBs (2 x dac boards and a PSU) and I followed up as well. I have never received any reply or any indication of what to do. I have most of the parts sitting around and really wanted to see if I could modify one of these for portable battery operated use as well. what do I do?

Hi everyone, have a good 2010!

Battery operation for the ezDAC shouldn't be a problem. You can use two 24V batteries and the ezDual to regulate this down to 15V, and then feed that to the ezDAC board. The on-board regulators will provide the needed 3.3V, 5V and 12V. You will need to tie V1, V2 and V3 together.

Second approach would be to use two 12V batteries and no ezDual. I would tune the LM317 and LM337 for the opamps down to say 8V (that will still give plenty of headroom and allows for the batteries to run low) and connect them directly to the ezDAC board. Well, with a fuse in series of course :D

Ray

guys, I put my name down on the interest thread for this round of PCBs (2 x dac boards and a PSU) and I followed up as well. I have never received any reply or any indication of what to do. I have most of the parts sitting around and really wanted to see if I could modify one of these for portable battery operated use as well. what do I do?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/136169-ezdac-group-buy-interest-27.html#post1990658

I'm getting ready to send them out this week, so please get in touch soon. If you e-mailed me earlier, I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you. I've got a lot of plates to juggle these days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.