Expressimo vs Origin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Krishu,

I've been through your site, and I have to say I now have good information about the rewiring. I specially like the 5$ diy arm, delicious.

Petter,

I also have this CD (uppsss, I said cd...), what do you think about the performance? The sound is typical of Mintz, btw, meaty, but maybe not so elegant. I like it.

Sreten,

You have rewired a 250, do you know if it's the same wiring disposition as a 300? I think I'll maybe change by now only the wiring from arm base to rca's in the housing, just to easy the suspension, and later I'll do a complete one.

I'm currently in the process of redoing an RB250 I acquired. Intending to use (unbranded) 99.99% Silver solid core tonearm wire (http://freespace.virgin.net/cad.cables/wires.htm) all the way from cartridge tags (Michell tags) to phono plugs. If your interested, I've drilled my arm as here (http://www.william-reed.net/audio/index.html) gotta do the bulk heads and counterweight, the stub has also been made.

Just a few questions someone might be able to help me out with.... I've just read that the stock rega weight is 100g. A while ago I'm sure I read that the expressimo heavyweight is 260g (but the url has been taken down). Expressimo claim this is the most weight you can get away with, but I have a heavier than normal MC (kontrapunkt a) so thought I'd aim for 50g heavier. Can anyone confirm the actual weight of the heavyweight, the stock rega weight, or the OL weight for that matter?

Cheers, Richard.

RB250

I have recently got hold of one of these arms, and want to try a number of mods (rewire/weight/etc).

Being an avid tweaker I completely agree that you can do the steel rear stub mod yourself very easily....I've also found that standard silk wrapped motor winding wire sounds good as an arm wire if you can live with its fragility / lack of different colour coding.

However, I also want to do some work on the arm tube (like the Techno arm drilled holes / internal damping - which could potentially damage the bearings if not really careful) so wondered if anyone had any advice regarding getting the arm tube off the carrier (removing the bearings ?)...???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.