Experience with this DIY DAC ?

Vince

I once sent a small parcel with one TDA1541A S1 from Switzerland to Italy by registered mail.

After six weeks it arrived finally.

Don't worry to much, as long as there is a tracking number. And contact the seller, he should start a investigation with the carrier.

But be aware that in China they have new year holiday right now.

Kind regards
Franz

Thank you Guys
I contacted the seller. The first time he gave me the tracking number. Now (two months after the shipping) I asked him to investigate because the italian postal service say that the parcel isn't registered in Italy (never arrived?).
I know... sometimes it takes 3 months to arrive but the shipping remains trackable. This time no one seems to know where the shipping is.

V

Last edited:
I have a lot of reading ahead, but I am planning to get this board and put it together...

I have made a start on populating the wiki for this DAC...

DIY DAC

Only the pages 'Front Page', 'Intro' & 'hoverdonkey's DAC' are started, so it is not much use to newcomers yet (hint!) because there is not much content yet (hint!). As it happens, it is open to us all to add/edit and it's pretty easy to do (quite like posting on this thread in fact). Come on, you know you want to...!

Cheers

Oli

I have made a start on populating the wiki for this DAC...

DIY DAC

Only the pages 'Front Page', 'Intro' & 'hoverdonkey's DAC' are started, so it is not much use to newcomers yet (hint!) because there is not much content yet (hint!). As it happens, it is open to us all to add/edit and it's pretty easy to do (quite like posting on this thread in fact). Come on, you know you want to...!

Cheers

Oli

Very well done! Thanks.:)

That is fantastic Hoverdonkey... what an amount of work you put into making this dac experience more easy to digest :).

Very well done! Thanks.:)

Credit to chas.tomlin who set the framework up. I wouldn't have known where to start without that.

Just click 'Edit' on one of the pages that are done and you will see what is going on.

John

I think, I mentionned already the procedure to degauss trannies in this thread...

Simply attach a load and a scope on the secondaries.

Insert a 50Hz Sinus in the primaries from a generator. Turn up the level, till the core is saturizing (sinus has flat tops).

Then slowly reduce the input level to zero within 5 to 10 seconds.

Repeat it several times.

Then, do the same procedures "backwards", connecting the generator to the secondaries, the load and the scope to the primaries.

Thats it

Franz

I have an idea for doing this without a scope...using a vario transformer and a voltmeter...

Connect a load to secondary and the voltmeter and the vario to primary. Turn op voltage on vario until the secondary no longer follows (saturation). You can check by moving voltmeter also...

Will that work?

Question: What will a magnitized core sound like? And why do the degauss from both primary and secondary? Is is the same core and ac??

There's only one cap as I recall, should be easy to trace with a meter. Just jumper across it instead of trying to pull it, much safer.
Actually there are 2 caps,2 red plastic caps side by side,one for possitive and one for negative.But I decided to connect the leads from the input trafo direct to RXP0 (that is used for the s/pdif input)on the CS8416,on the underside of the PCB.Will test tomorrow if it works.