exotic pics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
" It uses proprietary breakin, conditioning, and antistatic treatments, as well as our very special silver plated high conductivity connectors. This cord is characterized by lightning fast transient response, open and airy presentation, and nimble dynamics...Antiresonant construction..."
:censored:

Hey, if you don't like it, don't buy it. But what's to get so upset over? Some of us work hard in this biz, even the evil ripoff artists like myself. btw: for those of you who think every cablemaker is getting rich off the thing... I haven't paid myself anything for more than 3 months... slave labor....

I love this room, the entire structure makes the walls, and room a bass horn, there are several of these kinds of pics at exoticaudio.org.

Attachments

• french_mans_systems.jpg
    french_mans_systems.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 206
Speaking of erm, unusual-looking speakers, these were on display at the Tokyo Hi-End Audio Show last week (24~27/09/2004). In person these are huge - the driver complement consists of four TAD 1601 woofers and one TAD TD4001 or TD4003 compression driver per side (hope that I have the driver IDs correct). Claimed frequency response is from 10Hz to 24kHz. Each driver has its own digital crossover and power amplifier.

The quality of fit and finish is most impressive - the cabinet shape is exceedingly complex; everything has been machined out of solid laminates, and all edges and corners fit together and have been finished _perfectly_. The pair at the show were finished in a semi-gloss red veering towards burgandy - the styling cues implied an audio system for the Alien Queen Mother ;). Undoubtedly one of the weirdest-looking speakers that I have ever seen, but also one of the best-made and finished. I can't tell you much about the sound, as everything else about the speaker left me in a temporary state of shock-induced amnesia... :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://www.kubotek.com/haniwa/index.html

regards, jonathan carr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.