executioner X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok so i built my first housing (yea i sorta lied when i posted this, i had already bought and measured my wood when i posted the thread) I pretty much designed it around fitting it in the door of my house and around just how much MDF i can afford. i could talk and talk, but it boils down to: a non ported 9.3 cubic foot box with a speaker in it, and i just built two of them. When iwas done i was about ready to kick myself when i realized what id done... i turned it on and deep down inside knew not to expect much even though i wanted it to be awesome, and sure enough, all i got were these loowwwww rumbles and drones and it was terible. It knocked some stuff off the shelves and my sister got home and said she heard it down the street, but in my garage i didn't feel or hear much atall, just some shaking. I checked it out in winISD and its an inefficient mess. there is hope though... i still can add ports to this thing, and when i try it in winISD it looks highly promising, but i need help, i really don't know much about that sort of thing. I am considering taking my two boxes and porting one to be the rumble and porting the otehr to be kick, but whenever i get close to what i want it tells me that my port length is -0.72 . does taht mean i need an extroverted tube or something? also the idea of having that short a hole sounds sketchy... i don't wanna mess this up

PS... i am gona use somewhre between 1" and 2.5" pvc pipe depending on what responds well in the simulator, pvc is all i can afford.

PPS... attached is a chart showing the two types of port systems im considering for the two different housings, please give me feedback on that. One is rumble one is kick, rumble peaks at 59, kick peaks at 78 (i hope thats right, right?) I don't liek the way that peak looks, it seems too thin, i don't want one of those subwoofers that jsut has a one note brrrrrrr come out of it. yellow is what it looks like without ports. feedback welcome!

PPPS... the rumble consists of 4 2"diameter ports that extend 5.13 inches in, and the kick is 4 2" diameter ports taht extend .88 inches in. I can bump that up to as many as 8 ports so that they can be made longer, but after that theres no more room on the front of the speaker. jsut going by the way i built the thing 2" pipes are all that fit now.

Attachments

• executioner spl.gif
    executioner spl.gif
    17 KB · Views: 182
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.