• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sorry for asking this, i think i asked about four times already on other threads:

after all the measurements and the shape of eight: the question is what the rear tweeter adds to the presentation? doesn't it just mess up things with a sort of reverb-delay, in an area of the spectrum that should convey as much directionality as possible?

after all the measurements and the shape of eight: the question is what the rear tweeter adds to the presentation? doesn't it just mess up things with a sort of reverb-delay, in an area of the spectrum that should convey as much directionality as possible?
Today 10:35 AM

I don't think we should underestimate the importance of the rear firing tweeter in this particular case. If you envision a pulsing body that radiates in a figure eight, without the rear firing tweeter there would be an imbalance in the power output in the high frequencies. So you would have more or less equal radiation front and back in the bass and midrange, but the high frequencies would feel dull and lacking. At the same time, since they are directed towards the rear they do not interfere with the directionality of the forward facing high frequency generator (whizzer cone).

"For what it's worth and to affirm what others have said, I'll throw my two cents in: In a show environment there's always going to be some degree of compromise. The trick is to balance those compromises. I think to balance those compromises effectively requires two foundational things: excellent equipment and a good knowledge of how to tame a room in context of that equipment. The GR Research room had both going for it - most rooms didn't - lacking one or the other or worse...both. To these ears there was only one room that bettered the GR Research room and it took $225k + to do it. That was the Lotus Group room. Hope you got to hear that room too. While the GR room made people want to dance, the Lotus room literally had grown men crying with some of the music selection. Point is, both rooms had that 'gottchya' presentation that was elusive in other rooms."

Robert Schult, Ridge Street Audio Designs

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I have been in contact with William from Feastrex Singapore and am seriously thinking about getting some d5nf. Will my 300B SET power them sufficiently?

Using the optional PB9 driver, how will that affect the freq response of the speaker as a whole? I havn't asked how much the PB9 costs yet though and I have a feeling my budget won't allow for it anyway! Just curious..

Any new developments on which cabinet (size doesn't matter) is most optimal (max low freq response) for the d5nf?

TIA
tuyen

HI tuyen look at 6moon for Pass j2 ,you can see how use feastrex ......

Attachments

• pass.jpg
    pass.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 448
I have been in contact with William from Feastrex Singapore and am seriously thinking about getting some d5nf. Will my 300B SET power them sufficiently?

TIA
tuyen

Hi Tuyen, I dont think 300B is a problem, as the amp in the setup I heard (mentioned on post 1721) is only 5w per channel SET in an estimated 5m*3m room. Unless, you have a much larger listening room... then it might be a different story.

Last edited:
Hey Talawalla-sama,

When are you going to grow a real pair of keesters and start building the Granada with a front-firing and a rear-firing Feastrex driver on each baffle? A certain Japanese fullrange driver maker wants to know -- he says something that translates roughly as "Tweeters are for girly-men!" :)

-- Chris

When are you going to grow a real pair of keesters and start building the Granada with a front-firing and a rear-firing Feastrex driver on each baffle? A certain Japanese fullrange driver maker wants to know -- he says something that translates roughly as "Tweeters are for girly-men!"

Good idea! Are they supplying the 4 Type II or III drivers for the prototype? Pass the quiche. Sent from my pink iPhone.

Those are some beautiful speakers, Phil. Great worksmanship!

Are the wings on both sides of the baffles? What did you use for the xover? And at what frequency are you cutting over?

Do you think they should be placed a little farther from the wall?

I'm glad to hear that she's happy with them. Congratulations!

Mike

Very sad news

Mr. Teramoto and Bunpei just informed me of some very sad news and asked me to announce it to this group.

It is with great sorrow that I inform you all of the sudden death of our friend Chris Witmer in Japan yesterday. As he was riding his bike to a local train station on his way to work in the morning, he was hit by a cargo truck on a railway crossing. He died almost immediately.

He leaves behind his devoted and loving wife Hiroko and seven daughters, as well as countless friends all over the world. He will be missed terribly by all of us.

God bless Chris and his family, and friends. Mike went to college in Japan with Chris many years ago and is his very close friend. I'm sorry for your loss Mike.

Chris loved Bach choral music, organ music. I can only imagine how it sounds to him now.

Thanks Chris for showing me the way closer to this beautiful music. We will all miss you.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.