• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Though I have not tried the Mundorf Silver/Gold, I'm sure that it will work very well. The Acrolink wire is excellent. The point I was making was that if one only heard the drivers at Feastrex, that there is more that can be extracted. Of course the best option is for whatever speaker wire you are using to be attached directly to the driver, which is what we did with the bi-amplified open baffle.

Re: Re: For all you folks who read Chinese/Japanese characters

commstech said:
Its Japanese. so what does it says?

talawalla said:
Does the headline read, "Local man abducted by aliens?"

From the Yamanashi Nichinichi Shimbun
http://www.sannichi.co.jp/local/news/2008/06/11/11.html
Title: "Originally developed audio products selling well"
Summary:
* Forecasting a three-fold year-to-year increase in sales volume this year
* Nine-tenths of sales come from overseas
* Overseas business partners in 16 separate regions around the world (still no representation in Central/South America or Africa)

-- Chris

Pics from the India trip

I got some pics from the trip that Mr. Teramoto and Kazuya Akiyama (the son of Feastrex's president) took to Singapore, India, and Malaysia. I think these pics were taken by Kazuya, since he is not in the photos.

I'm pretty sure that the person second from left in the bottom photo is Sharath Chandran of Audire Technologies, Feastrex's representative for the Indian subcontinent. (I don't know who the other gentlemen are.)
http://www.audire.in/welcome.html

The enclosure for the bronze frame D9e-III is probably just a temporary, provisional enclosure. (The final enclosure is under construction but going to take some more time.) Even so, just looking at it inspires confidence. For a temporary, provisional enclosure they sure did a fine job.

In an email to me, Mr. Chandran used words like "shocking" "stunning" and "magical" to describe the D5e-II, and the D9e-III he described as "so unbelievably lifelike and realistic that it takes some time for the mind to adjustt," or words very close to that.

Mr. Teramoto (and Kazuya) made quite an impression on their hosts for their ability to pack it away. Maybe we need to send them to the next Famous Nathan's hotdog eating contest?

Temporary home
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Singing Feastrexes (ignore that imposter on the right) :)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Putting the "Feast" in Feastrex

Putting the "Feast" in "Mr. Feastrex"

-- Chris

Apprenticeship...

Post #887
quote:
Originally posted by talawalla

"Which leads to something I meant to express in my last post, but didn't: This is actually one of the many many reasons why I admire Mr. Teramoto so much. In a sense, he is behaving like a Zen monk here. He is making do with the least, so that when the product shines in that light, it really shines. Further, in a sense he is allowing others who use the driver to take credit via their implementation, but, as we all know, even in less than optimal cabinets, these drivers are remarkable."

Joe-

Having apprenticed with him for a few days now, I can confirm his slight resemblance to a zen monk first hand.

From my notes:

Day one: After a few minutes in the office, he gets a phone call. An order. Then we start to listen to music and he shows me around the shop. One of his experimental pre-amplifiers breaks, he fixes it. We continue to listen to music and unpack boxes full of beautifully machined magnetic circuits.

First order of official Feastrex apprenticeship: 8:00 AM. Mr. Teramoto asks me a question: "do you drink coffee?"

He then proceeds to teach me how to make coffee with his automatic espresso machine.

"You press this button, and it makes the coffee for you. Do you like your coffee strong, or like American coffee?"

"Strong," I reply. We stand together in silent intense observation watching the coffee being made.

Second order of official Feastrex apprenticeship: Mr. Teramoto teaches me how to use the milk steamer.

We later sip cappuccino listening to Monster Alnico D5 in triple port cab. Pink Floyd Division Bell. Stunning.

9:00AM...building things the rest of the day...till 7:00PM.

Day Two: 8:00 AM. After a few minutes in the office, Mr. Teramoto decides that I should now learn how to properly clean the automatic espresso machine. I watch him systematically clean the espresso machine. Then we make coffee again in silence.

...building things the rest of the day...till 7:00PM. It hardly feels like a day went by.

Mr. Teramoto is indeed a highly practical engineer, and a very generous man. His hand making processes are incredibly refined and well thought out.

Only the second day on the job, and i cannot wait to see what little coffee trick Mr. Teramoto has in store for me tomorrow.

Later,

-Clark

As long as I'm pinching pics from the president's blog, I may as well grab one of Clark adjusting to the difficulties of life as a Feastrex apprentice speaker builder:

(The cowboy hat is no doubt part of a futile attempt to retain a sense of identity, but the rigors of making and drinking espresso day in and day out will surely destroy what's left of his psyche . . .

-- Chris

cdwitmer said:
As long as I'm pinching pics from the president's blog, I may as well grab one of Clark adjusting to the difficulties of life as a Feastrex apprentice speaker builder:

(The cowboy hat is no doubt part of a futile attempt to retain a sense of identity, but the rigors of making and drinking espresso day in and day out will surely destroy what's left of his psyche . . .

-- Chris
Yes, indeed... I figured I would conviniently leave out the secret feastrex construction processes from my notes. especially the stripping threads part... When its bad enough to get sent to the local extractor, hopefully some lessons you only need to learn once.

Actually, that -IS- the way I dress. Living in Walla Walla for long enough, you kinda realize that you -are- living in the wild west. Also the clothes work really well with that climate, and the cowboy hat helps keep the sun out of your eyes during those long squinty stares across the horizon, watching tumbleweed roll by.

It is pretty humid here though, I might switch it up a bit after a while.

Off to make Mr. Teramoto some more coffee...

-Clark

blumenco said:

Yes, indeed... I figured I would conviniently leave out the secret feastrex construction processes from my notes. especially the stripping threads part... When its bad enough to get sent to the local extractor, hopefully some lessons you only need to learn once.

Actually, that -IS- the way I dress. Living in Walla Walla for long enough, you kinda realize that you -are- living in the wild west. Also the clothes work really well with that climate, and the cowboy hat helps keep the sun out of your eyes during those long squinty stares across the horizon, watching tumbleweed roll by.

It is pretty humid here though, I might switch it up a bit after a while.

Off to make Mr. Teramoto some more coffee...

-Clark

Hey, the "local thread extractor" is a genius. That guy can do anything in metal. (His company's name is "Meister" but that's also his personal nickname because, well, that's what he is.) I bet that box comes back with the threads repaired and you wondering "Now how on earth did he do *that*?" It's good to have friends like that. He volunteered to save my backside when I had to fix the cast iron plate in my piano, and I don't even have a business relationship with him!

Here's how you need to dress for the Japanese summer:

A hand-held fan and straw hat are permissible as well. And these make a fine accessory:

You won't mind the heat a bit . . .

-- Chris

Mr. Teramoto told me that he was extremely impressed with Audire's ability to produce loudspeaker enclosures. He said that when it comes to actually developing and building loudspeaker enclosures, the folks at Audire are in a different league from the folks at Feastrex. (After all, the designing and building of fullrange drivers and the designing and building of fullrange driver enclosures are two very different sets of skills.)

However, he added that the enclosures shown in the photograph housing the bronze frame D9e-III drivers were not based on any precise advance knowledge of the drivers' characteristics, but rather were built completely by guesswork. They did this 1) in order to have something into which to put the drivers immediately upon delivery, and 2) in order to experiment with a few ideas they had come up with. The fact that Audire made those enclosures look so nice can perhaps give the impression that they were very carefully and precisely matched to the drivers, but that is not the case.

Mr. Teramoto said that before long he expects to see a different set of enclosures designed specifically to match the drivers.

-- Chris

No offense intended here at all (I stress this because some might put that interpretation on it, and I'm too tired tonight to figure out a way to avoid such things other than repeating that is not the intent), but would Mr Teramoto actually be happy with a box that's designed & optimised specifically to match these or any of the Feastrex drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.