exceptional drivers optimized for 2-5khz (1-7Khz)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
noviygera:

Depending on budget, some of the Fostex and Lowthers may fit your requirements. You can also look at some of the pro audio 6" to 10" drivers from Beyma, Faital, Eminence and several others. US Speaker and Parts Express have an excellent catalog of audio drivers.

However, a good pair of used jbl 2441 2" compression drivers would sonically whip any of the drivers mentioned in your stated frequency range IMHO---along with 108db++ sensitivity. You should state you budget, speaker size limits, room size, and sonic goals.

What is the difference between an old JBL CD driver and the new BMS ones ?

Eldam,

There is not much difference between the JBL 2441 and BMS, depending on the complete speaker design. I found the BMS 4592 a little bright in the top octave, however the BMS driver was used as a 2 way system without a tweeter. This same driver used in a 3 way system crossed over at 8.5k to a 1" compression driver sounded excellent. I gave the example of the JBL 2441 driver because they can easily be found on ebay ( U.S.A. ) for less than $700.00 per pair and are excellent. There are several mfg. of excellent compression drivers such as Radian, Tad, Altec and the BMS you mentioned as well as several others. I have used TAD and JBL compression drivers for years with excellent results.

Neo10 + Neo3 is not good from Eldam's comment.
So then Neo10 + Neo8 + Neo3 the requirement?

Then why not just use one RD40 if the above is true?

Are all B&G drivers true dipoles -- identical sound from both sides of driver? That would work very well for me as this speaker will be "open baffle" that is placed between two rooms and I can get sound in both rooms! (I have a large open doorway between two rooms)

regards,
Herman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.