Excellent transformers in the USA!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I just got a transformer from Toroid corporation of Maryland (Toroidal Transformers for power supplies and isolation in medical, instrument, audio and control panel transformer applications.). They build transformers to your specification in one week!. The quality is wonderful. I am building a new amp that I will post pictures soon, I got a 640VA 35vac x2 for $124. if you want a good transformer no matter if is commercial or medical look not further!.I did try with Plitron but they have a minimum quantity that you have to order and it will take two weeks. I am glad I found this company in the USA.
I strongly recommend them!

They're good, they don't hum, they're awfully big seemingly designed for continuous CNC ops. I use 5/16-24 x 3.5 cap screws to mount mine as they are darn'd ugly.

Good to know! mine is still on the chassis lol. I am waiting for my new boards from Anthony HPA--nxV200 VFET. I hope this transformer does not hum.I got some 23 step potentiometers.

Attachments

• IMG_2707.JPG
    IMG_2707.JPG
    820.6 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_2711.JPG
    IMG_2711.JPG
    774.5 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_2703.JPG
    IMG_2703.JPG
    766.6 KB · Views: 487
Toroid corporation of Maryland. Nothing wrong with the other toroid company either, though their prices can get a bit much. Just be sure you run a sniffer coil around the toroid in question so you know where not to put sensitive circuitry. You can make one of those out of a coil of transformer wire and the end of a pencil and some wax. Don't worry about calibration.

Bud

Toroid corporation of Maryland. Nothing wrong with the other toroid company either, though their prices can get a bit much. Just be sure you run a sniffer coil around the toroid in question so you know where not to put sensitive circuitry. You can make one of those out of a coil of transformer wire and the end of a pencil and some wax. Don't worry about calibration.

Bud

Ok, yeah this company seems to build excellent transformers.I am waiting for some boards to finish my integrated amp. I am trying to put the boards as far as I can from the transformer. I will post some pictures wend I am done with my amp.

They make good transformers and are a well run company ... a few years ago I contacted them about prices for custom makeing a few torroids , a week later they sent me a box with 3 Free 100Va torroids in it , i don"t know how they make money doing that but I was a happy camper .....

Where was the Antek part actually mfd? If in the USA then they will have cut costs or profit margin to be significantly cheaper. If made in India, well, in almost all cases you get what you pay for in construction care, materials and design experience. The transformer industry is not like many many other industries, there is little or no fat anywhere. Typical profit margins are based upon 10% gross profit, for a build that uses all of the parts purchased for a minimum run. This minimum will have been set by core mfg's or bobbin mfg's.

Quantities less than that minimum get a surcharge tacked on because they do not generate revenues immediately. This is similar to the stocking fee you are used to paying to a distributor, for having the luxury of obtaining something you want when you want it. You do realize that parts you buy at a retail store are marked up 500%, just to pay for that luxury I hope. Here you are paying for the luxury of only buying one or two parts, rather than 250, when the mfg has had to buy enough to actually make 250 pcs.

Bud

They make good transformers and are a well run company ... a few years ago I contacted them about prices for custom makeing a few torroids , a week later they sent me a box with 3 Free 100Va torroids in it , i don"t know how they make money doing that but I was a happy camper .....

Well, I'm sure you (or a percentage of those like you) will be a future customer buying more than 3 small 100VA transfos if the need arises, eh?

That's how they make money.;)

Transformer Search

I'm looking for a 1kva toroidal to go into a Hafler JF2000 / Hafler Pro-6000 /
Rockford RF2000.
The OEM was Bicron. No data or tech info available. I have a part number
P/N BX3828B4534. This is a Rockford number.
My tranny is a hummer (60hz?) at 16 years of age, and I need a replacement.
If I sent it to Toroid Corp. of Maryland, I wonder if they could build a clone? Or, if there is someone who could do a rewind on this unit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.