Evidence for Time Travel?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Except I did not say when I had those jobs. That aside, your explanation is reasonable only to the point where you say "easily".
I use the adverb easily in comparison to all known means of travel BACK in time. I recall some uber-fancy and large contraption to travel back in time described by Robert L. Forward involving a cylinder of much greater mass than all of the Solar System, spinning such that its surface is moving at about 2/3rds the speed of light. Just demonstrating such a device would upset a lot of people who are concerned about the effect it would have on the well-established "cause-and-effect" effect of time moving in one direction only.

Disabled Account
Joined 2017
I love it how people say that the woman in the film is using a "cell phone", that really tells you a bit about the technical ability of people who are making these judgements and the era in which these judgements about the film are made. If the film was seen just 40 years ago nobody would've said mobile phone. A common person would immediatley think "mobile phone", but if you asked any real engineer, aka, TIMETRONAUT (why not? engineers built the time machine! so why can't we get to use it first? AND we get to name it AND we get to name the profession of the time traveller, thats my say on it and management can go stuff their alternative name where it don't shine.) they would say that she is using an encrypted 2-way communicator with conference capability that talks to another time traveller in a spacecraft orbiting earth, this would be a far more likely explanation than a "cell phone".

Just think about how large a satellite phone would need to be even if it was based upon technology more advanced than ours, even the latest satellite phones are still very large.

I've actually seen old women hold their hands up to their jaws by the way, some older women that are friends of my mums do this when they get lost and can't find where they are going.

BOOM, mystery solved once and for all, she is simply lost and cannot find her way.

If there is a small black box somewhere there in her hands I don't really see it. Her fingers move, ~she crunches her fingers up~ when she turns towards the camera which means there can't be a box there otherwise they would've conflicted with the position of the box in her fingers.

Most likely explanation is of course that this isn't a time traveller rather it is simply an old woman who is worried about where she is, there is something quite zen about that actually. I'm sure most of us don't know where we are or where we are going or what we are doing, I might start a trend in the mechanics circles of holding our hands up to our jaws in worry.

"Oh dear dear dear dear dear, that timing belt has go to come out!".

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.