Euro Cup 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Takes two to tango. If teams open up like Italy......not boring. Croatia, France and Portugal parked the bus. The sad thing about our beautiful display is that from now on probably no-one is going to try to beat us playing football. They will only try to beat us like Chelsea beat Barcelona. 10 players defending and hoping for the best with a fast counter attack (kick and rush).

Last edited:
Takes two to tango. If teams open up like Italy......not boring. Croatia, France and Portugal parked the bus. The sad thing about our beautiful display is that from now on probably no-one is going to try to beat us playing football. They will only try to beat us like Chelsea beat Barcelona. 10 players defending and hoping for the best with a fast counter attack (kick and rush).

If that is the case, that will be the death of football, at least in Europe, where everyone will suddenly be afraid to play their own game...

Spain had 10 players on the pitch that believe, that have honed tremendous technical skills, honed their teamwork and know how to finish! They do not squander opportunity!

It will take another team equally confident, willing to develop cohesive play and with 10 players adept at every facet of the game to take it to Spain from the outset...

No one quite knows how Spain would react playing from behind, as it hasn't occurred in such a very long time! I suspect it would rattle their composure and upset their strategy.

I am looking forward to the Confederations' Cup in 2013 as I suspect the crafty South Americans have the only teams poised to really challenge Spain and will use this opportunity to test some of their tactical theories in advance of the World Cup in 2014.

I think Messi can beat us.

Not by himself...but he can pry open the thick Spanish shell and then will need 9 others of similar mind, determination and technique to complete the task...I will be watching carefully to see if the Argentines or Brazil have ratcheted up their game sufficiently since I last saw them...and if their coaching is fluid enough!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.