• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

EU regulations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm sure in time the Lead free solder issue will be sorted out. I wonder though, are current production tubes ROHS compliant? What solders the pins? Are they exempt? I'm sure Germans buy tube amps at their local dealer and I presume they meet EU regulations.

I spoke with guys on AES who build tube based optical compressors (as you know, they need cadmium salt to operate). They said, they have a like in contract, that the buyer has to ship the unit back to the dealer for proper recycling. How many vacuum tube based, studio optical compressors do you expect to be shipped back for recycling? ;)

I spoke with guys on AES who build tube based optical compressors (as you know, they need cadmium salt to operate). They said, they have a like in contract, that the buyer has to ship the unit back to the dealer for proper recycling. How many vacuum tube based, studio optical compressors do you expect to be shipped back for recycling? ;)

That works great if the manufacturer is still in buisness.

Soon byer of such equipment will be bound to a legalcontract of paying for recycling and then manufacturer must find other ways.

No one nows what prices for destruction will be in future.

I had some giant ion-valves that contains goodies i gave them to a museum before anyone found out i had them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.