• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

EU Mini Group Buy FQA19N20C / FQA12P20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FETs arrived today.
I managed to measure 5 tubes of 30x N-devices.

Takes about 45 minutes for a tube, due to thermal connections to an alu block and screwed terminals for current. So the whole lot will take a while.

At 1.6A, Vgs (=Vds) varies from 3.72 to 3.83 V, so far.
Within a tube, the largest variation is 0.09V, the smallest 0.07V.
So your would have been lucky getting say 2 sets of 4 from a tube.

Shall try to post some photos tomorrow.

Bed time now, :eek:
Patrick

In principle all 900 FETS have been taken in the GB, though we set the quota at 400 pairs, allowing 50 pairs as matching rejects. So pls wait a few weeks until all matching is done, and we'll see whether you have luck, and whether the others would agree.

;)

BTW, the P devices has different Vgs at same current to N devices (pls see comments from jackinnj and Nelson on F5 thread). So you may have to change the front end of F4 if you want to use them there. For F5 this is no issue, that I know.

Patrick

Continuing from yesterday, I measured 4 tubes of P-devices this evening.

The spread is a lot more, varying from 5.39 to 5.75V at 1.6A.
And more often than not, one cannot find a set of 4 to within 10mV in a tube.

So expect more matching "rejects" from the P devices.
Also the majority tend to be towards the high Vgs end.
The average difference btw P and N is thus much more than 1V; more like 2V.

Patrick

As promised some photos :

900 MOSFETs !!!!!

:bigeyes:

Patrick

Attachments

• fqa s.jpg
    fqa s.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 465
So we have majority.

I shall proceed to send the FETs in the next two days as either international maxibrief or small packets, uninsured.

For Danny, Mikael and Christian, their delivery would be first put on hold until I hear from you, in case you are not in town to pick up the delivery from your friendly post office.

Please get in touch using the forum here. As soon as I hear from you, I can send the FETs off. they are already all packed.

Christian of course get his delivery insured (per DHL), as requested.

Patrick

2 small packets (2kg) uninsured and 3 maxibriefs went to Johnny, Jacco, Tino, David and Mikael just now. I missed your message before going to the Post Office, Danny, so maybe tomorrow.

Total cost, incl FETs, Tax, Postage & Packing, ...., etc. comes to 550 Euros. Total received, including 52 Euros from me, amounts to 621 Euros. So 71 Euros will go to Unicef, as soon as I find time.

Let me know here at the thread when you received them.
I hope I made no mistakes and everyone is happy with the match they get. I tried my best.

Now we should see a few more F5's before long. I shall publish more measurement data of the FETs on the F5 forum, in say a week's time.

Patrick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.