Eton 11", but wich midrange and tweeter match

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Eton 11", but wich midrange and tweeter match

Hi
I just bought the Eton 11-581, and are planning to use them in a box simular to the duetta . However, I would like to use a different midrange and tweeter (the duetta uses eton for both).
I was thinking of using the scan speak w15 8530 with the vifa xt 25. The Cremona and Krell LAT are good examples of these drivers working togheter, but will they work with the eton 11"?

I listen to a lot of rock and roll. Are the scan speak 15w a bad choice for this kind of music? I have considered other drivers, like the ss18w, audax(kevlar and aerogel). Are these or other drivers a better choice for my taste in music?
PS. I don't want Seas drivers for this project, and Accuton are a little too expensive.

Also, in the duetta, the crossover point for the etons' are 120Hz, which I find a little low. How about 200-300Hz, is that way too high for these drivers in this box? Or will a higher crossover point sound better with the small scan speak, and my taste in music?

Some options

Hi Ronnin,
Well, if you plan to keep the lower cut frequency at 120hz the best option with your budget is the Scan Speak 18W4531G00 that can go that low perfectly and will match in sensitivity. It will be almost impossible to match the 15W8530 with the Eton 11-581 so I don’t think it’s a suitable option. I would also consider use other tweeter, I like very much the Morel MDT30S, that can go much lower than the Vifa XT25 and will handle more power (you will need good power handling capabilities on the tweeter as we are talking about a hight quality 3 way system). If you prefer a more “correct” tweeter I would use the Scan Speak 2905/97, but I think the Morel is more "jazz-rocker" while the Scan Speak is more classical... regarding the mid-woofer, if you like rock music you may prefer a hard cone instead of the paper cone of the Scan Speak 18W4531G00 so you should consider the Eton 7-360/37 HEX.

Best regards,
Paco

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.