Etching my own PCB's a couple questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mooly said:
Untill I started producing boards using a software package, all my attempts were hand drawn using "Overhead projection" type pens, and transfers for circles and I/C,s. I am not saying it is easy to produce good artwork direct on to the copper this way but the image I have attached is all done this way. The secret is to clean the copper first. I use an "abrasive kitchen pad, you know those green things" and then clean the board with paper towel and isopropanol. I use a low voltage but high speed handheld drill for all holes.
You don't need any expensive gear to get started, it will take practice and you will have failures but it is worth it. And if you fancy using a PCB package on your PC I can recommend www.diptrace.com . It's freeware and excellent.
Regards Karl
Originally posted by MJL21193 Making your own PC boards is very satisfying. It is addictive.:)

The big benefit is not having to wait for the order to come. Also, as mentioned above, the ability to debug the layout is invaluable. You could do several board revisions in one day.

With not too much practice, you can produce excellent quality work for next to nothing.

Both your posts I quote
shows very good attached examples what we can get to.
Takes a bit of practice, but after this we usually can make quite good circuit boards
our - selves :cool:

I have managed a few of my own .. and they work just as well as if would have bought a readymade amplifier.
/lineup :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.