ESP P3A Layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ESP P3A Amp (99% finished, page 12)

There are many PCB layout screenshots of this amplifier on the forum. However, none seem to be sharing the Eagle files. I want to alter a proven/working design in order to suit my wishes. However, with no initial Eagle files I'm "lost".
Who has a P3A amplifier Eagle design and is willing to share?

Last edited:
I have read all those threads but as soon as the amp layout is approved by those who know what they are talking about there is no Eagle zip-file in sight.

"The author (Rod Elliott) grants the reader the right to use this information for personal use only"

Does that mean one cannot put an Egle zipfile online so that others can use it for personal evaluation too?

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Nope, but often they are shared privately. Surely, you can PM members if you are interested in their work. Posting files on a public forum is not just for personal use - it goes out to any person or organization seeking to quickly capitalise on your work without effort.

I would hope that at least permission was sought from a rip-off who was looking to build clones for profit from my work, don't you?

The reason I mentioned your name was because of the fact that in a lot of topics you commented on the layout. Finally I found one that you say is not terrible;
this is more or less they lay out i ve done ...with a few minor changes .....

this will work with out any problems at all

Initially I copied the component location of that design and all of a sudden it turns out to be terrible/disastrous.
Attempt4;
http://www.zelfbouwaudio.nl/forum/download/file.php?id=55476&mode=view

Last edited:
SuperR,
if you change the schematic and then make a PCB to suit that new schematic, then you don't have a P3a. You have a different amplifier (loosely?) based on the original P3a.

Once you reach that stage you can do what you like with your design.

You can give credit to the source for your design, particularly if the "new" is close to the original.

Keep in mind that the P3a is a very simple schematic that follows the Lin topology and is likely to have been built by hundreds, if not thousands, of others long before ESP developed his PCB.

SuperR,
if you change the schematic and then make a PCB to suit that new schematic, then you don't have a P3a. You have a different amplifier (loosely?) based on the original P3a.

Once you reach that stage you can do what you like with your design.

You can give credit to the source for your design, particularly if the "new" is close to the original.

Keep in mind that the P3a is a very simple schematic that follows the Lin topology and is likely to have been built by hundreds, if not thousands, of others long before ESP developed his PCB.
The schematics I used are identical to that on Elliott's page. At least. That was the plan. The thing I want to add (afterwards) is the onboard PSU.

If that's the only tip you'll give, why comment at all? Posting "OMG" doesn't help as much as you might think.

cause i ve been doing these way too many times and also i was done to me also too many times so after a while i put my sorry *** down and start to study for what i wanted to do

benefit of the above was also the ability to be able to filter so many information that is so widely available on the internet which in simple greek means that every Tom Dick and Harry designs amplifiers and pcb which most of them work but how well is another quite serious issue

To be able to design a proper pcb for every of MY aspects and goals it took me more than 4 years and more than 10 boards produced and tested

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.