• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I really don't want to appear like a jerk or sound overly impatient, but it is becoming increasingly frustrating not getting any information of when this DAC will be available. I for one, am completely committed to participating in this project. However I have no feeling for a time frame - weeks, months or more.

I believe like most, have enough curiosity to investigate other options if for nothing more than curiosity and experimentation. But it is beginning to feel like I'm balancing on one foot when making a decision of where/when to put my money and effort. I'm not backing away - just a little confused.

If additional time is going to allow for a better design, I have no problem with that. But I am more than willing to accept a version milepost offering with full knowledge a subsequent investment/revision may be required.

So is it possible to get at least a probable window for the release date for something we can put our hands on? Have the designers established any sort of time deadline for themselves ?

I sincerely hope this post is taken in the spirit it is offered. Not intended to offend:)

Last edited:
sigh. All, This one had a longer, somewhat open ended 'track' from the very beginning. The designers have never promised delivery by any certain time frame and have openly shared that 'life' was asserting itself. I understand the frustration that comes with unmet expectations. For this GB - reset your expectations :)

Your plans my need to change (mine have). As someone who's done my share of Group Buys, I can assure you that the pressure/stress of the anxious mob does not help and often turning a labor of love into, well... just labor.

It's gonna rock when it's ready. Whe'll know when it's ready. Nuf said.

bcmbob/odysseas - this isn't meant specifically as a response to you both (again, get frustration) but rather as a general call to chill. If you need it soon or at least by a set date, or must plan... 'This isn't the DAC you seek'... :)

MR,

I have always understood the ground rules. I know the designers have often stated their key is operationally base and open ended. In my case there are other projects of interest such as amps and speakers that I have put on hold in anticipation of sending off a chunk of cash here at some unknown time.

Thanks for your information and I'll just proceed and if I miss it, I'll catch y'all next time around. ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.