• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
IMO the 4 Euro ES9023 performs way better than it should. Maybe not high end but reasonably close ;) After second thoughts: syklab reported it sounds better than his Oppo and W4S DAC2. That is not budget class.

The hard thing will be to choose a better chip than ES9023 if I want to do a new DAC project.

Last edited:
DIYAudio Member GuidoR showed some time ago how to extract I2S signals from the HiFace. He posted many detailed pics too. You can do a quick search. I'm travelling right now and I have little time left on train's wi-fi.
I would also replace the original TI regs with some better ones, such as ADP150 or ADP151.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.