Errr... TK2050 module for $20?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I LOLed IRL at that statement.

They/he probably meant to say "do not use speakers with impedance below 6 ohms, or the IC may burn, and if you're using 6-ohm speakers do not let the supply voltage exceed 24V."

TP2050(assuming it is a TP2050 that is used)'s datasheet contains the answers, this chip only delivers 50W per channel with 8-ohm loads, though the TK2050 platform can do 100W per channel into 4-ohm with paralleled outputs (1x TP2050 per channel). The datasheet provides specifications for @ 6 ohm, but I cannot remember clearly if there was a warning not to use lower loads, nor do I know if it was due to stability or simply power concerns.

I LOLed IRL at that statement.

They/he probably meant to say "do not use speakers with impedance below 6 ohms, or the IC may burn, and if you're using 6-ohm speakers do not let the supply voltage exceed 24V."

TP2050(assuming it is a TP2050 that is used)'s datasheet contains the answers, this chip only delivers 50W per channel with 8-ohm loads, though the TK2050 platform can do 100W per channel into 4-ohm with paralleled outputs (1x TP2050 per channel). The datasheet provides specifications for @ 6 ohm, but I cannot remember clearly if there was a warning not to use lower loads, nor do I know if it was due to stability or simply power concerns.

LOL....thanks.

That actually clears a few things up. I'm going to drop this little amp in my jeep wrangler....and I have no idea what load my spearkers are. Seems like if I keep it at 24 volts I'd be fine....Though I'd like to run it higher to make sure I keep the low end....but oh well.

Here's the 24v power supply i'll use (waterproof for those caught in the rain days with the top off!!!).

No. The output chip can handle 4A RMS. So you have to know what load your speakers are first.

Into 4 ohms that's equal to 16V max supply voltage.
Into 6 ohms that's equal to 24V max supply voltage.
Into 8 ohms that's equal to 32V max supply voltage.

Do not exceed these voltages into the specified loads.

If you have to run 4 ohms speaker at 24V, you must parallel the inputs and outputs and run it mono.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.