Error in power amplifier schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

GK

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Piercarlo said:

The theory of "last minute strange compromises" may be a good one. My elucubrations was made in the hipothesis of a quiet, savvy revision of the design. If you are right... then I may only discourage any buying of amplifiers (as of any others equipments) from this firm. First of all because a "last minute strange compromise" as this, plainly reported on schematics, don't allow further trusting on team design ability to cope safely with circuital problems! :(. An inspection of fisical construction for detecting "last minute" PHYSICAL correction is recommended! :(

Happy Xmas... despite of "last minute" odds! ;)
Piercarlo

Well like I said in post 13, It's probably just a drafting error. Since this has now been confirmed, that's the end of the theorising :).
Just one thing in defence of my theorising; I’ve seen a few apparently nonsensical component value selections made to fix stability issues - Think of a complementary Darlington emitter follower, biased heavily into class A to give low-impedance drive to a (intended) high speed Class AB MOSFET output stage, but with 910R individual grid stopper resistors for the MOSFETS. Or a secondary differential amplifier added to increase open loop gain, but emitter degenerated to a gain of approximately unity………

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.