• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Equivalents for 12AT7 and 6N11 ? (Sense G3 headphone amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ChrisA. Yes, that schematic have a NFB loop. I still haven't verified the actual schematic of my amp.

Mr. Alex Cavalli adds a potentiometer to achieve different levels of NFB in order to adapt to headphones of different impedances. It is called " The Cavalli-Jones Amplifier ". I will try that modificacion when I have time.

The Cavalli Jones Headphone Amplifier
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Mr. Alex Cavalli adds a potentiometer to achieve different levels of NFB in order to adapt to headphones of different impedances. It is called " The Cavalli-Jones Amplifier ". I will try that modificacion when I have time.

I was bread boarding a small stereo amp and had the NFB rigged as veritable. I had the idea that it should be user controllable somehow. I was thinking of using it as a volume control. I'd remove it if the amp needed to play loud and switch it back for lower level and more critical listening. I've not built that amp yet in a real chassis and just might make an NFB switch.

But watch it or you sand up with something like the guitar amp I built with eight knobs on the front panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.